6 week post op apointment didn't go well. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week post op apointment didn't go well. 6 week post op apointment didn't go well.

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:05 PM
6 week post op apointment didn't go well.

I actually had to go to the doctor last week because of not doing well, and found out I had a vaginal infection, and have been taking antibiotics since.
I didn't see my surgeon/doctor for that one, but the assistant.
So this week I saw my actual doctor, she took a quick peek, and saw the infection still looked bad, took a swab, and it's worse now. She didn't even check anything else, or do any of the 6 week post op stuff, she said she wanted to wait till the infection was gone.
I also had symptoms of a period over the weekend, with breast, pelvic, back, pain, and weakness, and brown discharge. She's worried my cysts might have come back, and if my pain and such isn't gone next week when sees me again, she wants me to get an ultrasound to check my ovaries.
She had said the cysts might come back, but I didn't think they would come back so soon.
I also seem to have developed oral thrush from antibiotics, and I don't know what to do about that either, I guess I should try to see my GP for that?
I am in a lot of pain, and really depressed. I really want to give up on everything right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Re: 6 week post op apointment didn't go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umi View Post
I actually had to go to the doctor last week because of not doing well, and found out I had a vaginal infection, and have been taking antibiotics since.
I didn't see my surgeon/doctor for that one, but the assistant.
So this week I saw my actual doctor, she took a quick peek, and saw the infection still looked bad, took a swab, and it's worse now. She didn't even check anything else, or do any of the 6 week post op stuff, she said she wanted to wait till the infection was gone.
I also had symptoms of a period over the weekend, with breast, pelvic, back, pain, and weakness, and brown discharge. She's worried my cysts might have come back, and if my pain and such isn't gone next week when sees me again, she wants me to get an ultrasound to check my ovaries.
She had said the cysts might come back, but I didn't think they would come back so soon.
I also seem to have developed oral thrush from antibiotics, and I don't know what to do about that either, I guess I should try to see my GP for that?
I am in a lot of pain, and really depressed. I really want to give up on everything right now.

I developed oral thrush early on from all the antibiotics. My GYN called me in diflucan. It worked like a charm. Sorry you are having problems! I went for my 6 week yesterday and the only thing he found was a build up of tissue on my cervix, but since it is not painful he said it should be of no concern. Now, to test out the new plumbing. All clear for activities. Will be glad when all my sisters on here can say the same!
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Umi,
So sorry you are going through all this. I'm sending you a big gentle hug! I had hemorrhagic cysts come back on my ovaries post hyst. It does just stink when things like this happen. Just know you are not alone, many of us sisters have been exactly were you are right now. We are here for you!! You are sick and need to relax and try not to worry to much. Rest right now and let your body heal. I know it's easier said than done but I've been there, and I know rest is so important. Take care and keep us posted on your situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:34 PM

ncrolley2451 - I can't take diflucen, or anything that can affect the liver, because my liver is weak, and always has too high of functions.
I am trying apple cider vinegar for now, but I don't know if it will work.
I have no yeast in the vaginal area at least.

stormchic - Thank you, I know a lot of people have problems. It's major surgery,so of course your body is not going to take it lightly.
But it still is hard to go through it, and I feel bad for everyone who is going through a rough time. I know I am not even having near as hard a time as a lot of people have. I guess I'm just selfish and don't want to go through any more.
My doctor told me not to rest too much, she told me I need to be up and moving around, but it's so hard, and I get worse pain every time I do. But I keep on, just walking laps around my house outside, and even that is hurting me, but I can't just lay around all day, that wouldn't be good either.
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:33 PM

Umi,
Sorry you're having a hard time. Acidopholous will help help thrush naturally. It's in the refrigerator section of health food stores. (It's a more potent dose of the good flora in yogurt.) I also used "Magic Mouth wash". Your gyn, gp, or dentist can call it in. It's a prescription mouth wash. Good luck.
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:33 PM

Thanks! I take acidophilus every day, and drink a cultured oat drink every day, (can't have dairy or soy), because I have a natural tendency to get yeast overgrowth, but this antibiotic beat out all of that, and I still ended up with thrush for the first time in my life!
I don't have a dentist, and don't want to bother my gyn, so if it doesn't clear up with natural remedies soon I will probably try to see my gp soon.
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM

Make up a mouthwash of bicarbonate of soda and rinse a few times a day. Thrush does not like the alkaline environment.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register