Total Vaginal Hysterectomy: 3 days post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total Vaginal Hysterectomy: 3 days post-op Total Vaginal Hysterectomy: 3 days post-op

Unread 04-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Total Vaginal Hysterectomy: 3 days post-op

I am 3 days post-op from having a TVH with removal of fallopian tubes and a uterosacral ligament suspension due to a uterovaginal prolapse. My experience has been a good one so far. I did not need to have any pain meds while in the hospital, or since being home. I have been well controlled on Ibuprofen. I have had very little spotting to almost none at all. I would say that my only complaint has been the sensation of the internal muscles bearing down when passing gas or bowel movement. I have been eating high fiber foods and taking stool softeners. It was better the second day I had a BM versus the first day. I would say that I am very happy that I had this procedure. I no longer have a big 'ol bulge down there and will not have to deal with heavy periods any longer. Good luck to everyone who hasn't had their hysterectomy yet. However, I'm living proof that not everyone has pain after the procedure, so just know that it's normal to be anxious of the "unknown", but also know that it might go easier than what you actually expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnlwhite View Post
I am 3 days post-op from having a TVH with removal of fallopian tubes and a uterosacral ligament suspension due to a uterovaginal prolapse. My experience has been a good one so far. I did not need to have any pain meds while in the hospital, or since being home. I have been well controlled on Ibuprofen. I have had very little spotting to almost none at all. I would say that my only complaint has been the sensation of the internal muscles bearing down when passing gas or bowel movement. I have been eating high fiber foods and taking stool softeners. It was better the second day I had a BM versus the first day. I would say that I am very happy that I had this procedure. I no longer have a big 'ol bulge down there and will not have to deal with heavy periods any longer. Good luck to everyone who hasn't had their hysterectomy yet. However, I'm living proof that not everyone has pain after the procedure, so just know that it's normal to be anxious of the "unknown", but also know that it might go easier than what you actually expect.
That is awesome. I had my LSH on last Tuesday and it has gone good. Not taking pain meds now and healing well. A little sore but thankful this is behind me and looking forward to no more heavy bleeding. My three incisions are healing ok still tender but otherwise going great. I have been up and moving about good. Just get tired easy. Glad yours is going so good.
Unread 04-21-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones0333 View Post
That is awesome. I had my LSH on last Tuesday and it has gone good. Not taking pain meds now and healing well. A little sore but thankful this is behind me and looking forward to no more heavy bleeding. My three incisions are healing ok still tender but otherwise going great. I have been up and moving about good. Just get tired easy. Glad yours is going so good.
That's great to hear. I love how this site allows women to share their personal stories to give others more knowledge in what to expect etc. Hope you keep doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnlwhite View Post
That's great to hear. I love how this site allows women to share their personal stories to give others more knowledge in what to expect etc. Hope you keep doing well.
I know it has made this so much easier. I love the support system hugs to you from Tennessee.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register