New here :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-20-2003, 06:13 AM
New here :)

Hi everyone I'm new here (as my subject title states lol). My name is Jenn, I'm 29 years old (will turn to new digits in October), live in Upstate NY and waiting to schedule a partial hysterectomy. I should've done it by now, but due to time restraints on my husbands job and money issues, we have to wait until after our income taxes for him to be able to take the time off from work to stay home to help me (he's an over the road truck driver). I'm hoping to get this done and over with in a couple of months. Not only am I getting a partial, I'm also having my bladder tucked. Has anyone else had this done? Do you have to go home with a catheter? That's the biggest down fall thought to that for me lol. Anyway, just wanted to do a very quick intro to myself and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi Jenn, new here also

I too, waited for income tax refund to do this. I
am awaiting my second check which I will put in the bank to
help with rent and a bill or two while I'm not working.
My SO's factory recently shut down and he got a new
job but it's hard to get back in the groove having miss
a couple of checks. About the bladder tuck, I don't
know anything..lol I know i'm having something done
to mine maybe to tack it back up. I have a appointment
today so I'll know more later. Also making a date for my surgery
I hope..
(btw, I hate catheters, and todays cystometrics i'm going to
have to have put in for a little bit. I'd rather be KO when
they put those in..hate em, hate em)

Rebecca
Unread 01-20-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi Rebecca

Nice to know I'm not the only one waiting for taxes for surgery . I know how hard it is to get into the groove from missed paychecks. When I had my Dr. appointment for a biopsy my husband missed a week due to appt.'s for himself at the beginning of the week and mine at the end.
Let me see if I can summarize how I got to this point. For almost 2 years now I have had inconsistent bleeding. I use to be 7 days "perfect" cycles, no more no less type of thing. Then I turned into 2 weeks, sometimes 3 of bleeding. At that time he was in the Army so I had gone to see a military Dr. for a yearly and told him of my bleeding. He noted 3 spots on my uterus and prescribed me metrogel saying that should clear them up and not to bother to come back unless my PAP came back abnormal. After about 7 weeks I got those results and they were normal. We were getting ready to move soon after that (he was getting out) so I figured I'd wait until I got back home up north (we were in Texas) to go to my old Dr. to see what he would say (he's always been no nonsense, get it taken care of type of guy, I love him ). We get up here, have changes in insurance further holding me back from getting to the Dr. Finally get to him for my yearly, tell him what's going on. I get sent for bloodwork for my thyroid and blood level count, which he was irritated to know that I wasn't even checked for anemia given my length of bleeding. Those came back normal. The 3 spots had become one large one, so he had me go in for a biopsy and to be cathetered to check my bladder since when I laughed hard or sneeze hard I tend to leak a little. Went back a week later for those results. Normal. If everythings so normal then why am I not? He said basically my uterus was tired. I could get a D&C done to strip it, but he figured in a couple of years if that I'd be back to where I am now. Plus my mother, Paternal Grandmother and Paternal Aunt had hysterectomies performed because of cancer, so since I'm just about a bullseye target, he figured it would be best that I have it removed. After the past couple of years of this bleeding, I'm ready to have it removed. I'm just sad that I have to wait so long, but know its for the best at the moment. And why can't W2's come when you need them?
. If I can file electronically then hopefully I can get this done the end of Feb. beginning of March.
As time goes on and you get to know me, you'll see, I'm a babbler. Don't say I didn't warn you
Jenn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register