Any one week or so PRE op out there? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one week or so PRE op out there? Any one week or so PRE op out there?

Unread 06-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Any one week or so PRE op out there?

Well thatlilsewsew it sounds like you have alot on your plate as well. Sounds like your husband may not know where he fits into this.

good luck with the MRI... as for the pads or packing I have never heard of that, if anyone else has please pipe up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 09:56 PM

Walnut....

I am only 12 days out myself. I was so nervous and anxious about it, but I now am at peace with it. The only thing I still have a problem with is leaving my kiddos for 4 days. That is how long I was told to expect to be in the castle. I am having a LAVH with a bladder sling, and a possible bowel resention. Does anyone else dread this part of going to the castle? It really is the only part that I am not looking forward to at this point.
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:41 AM

Wow Nancy, brain fog on top of all else. My 4 DKs are just cracking up at what comes out of my mouth now. I keep mixing up my words, have to keep really concentrated at work, I am a bookkeeper and June is end of Quarter so all the things I normally do in the first 2 weeks of the month I have to get done tomorrow. I had to take today off because my 2 oldest are getting braces so... between home and work and oh yeah just a little surgery to top it off... I have to laugh at myself also. I am really looking forward to recovery, the right to unlimited naps. Hope your surgery goes well and the fog fades away after
Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2005, 09:07 AM

Dianne, I know exactly how you feel about leaving your kids. I only am suppose to stay 2 nights at the hospital but my kids are having a fit. My husband works nights, and we just moved to Tenn about 7mths ago and we have no family up here so I have asked my neighbor who has children around the same ages as mine to watch them the two nights. I'm not to worried about my 7yr old he is excited to get to spend the night somewhere. I usually have the kids stay here, instead of him going off. My 4yr old is who I am worried about. He has been very nervous about mommy going to the hospital. I will be glad to get home as quick as I can. My husband will bring them up the day of surgery just to let them feel at ease that I made it okay. Well good luck with your situation.

Cat
Unread 06-30-2005, 10:12 AM

Cat0303
Ask the hospital if you can bring your kids up ahead of time. It may make the scaryness go away.

Lots of love to you and your family
Unread 06-30-2005, 07:53 PM

Thanks that is a great idea. I will probably call tomorrow and see if they can set up for them to come up after my pre-op Tuesday. It is my 2nd Pre-op, I feel like a pro.....

Maybe that will put them at ease to see where I will be going. Again thanks for the great idea.

Cat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register