Any other sister's in their 20's? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other sister's in their 20's? Any other sister's in their 20's?

Unread 05-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Any other sister's in their 20's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePotter
Right now I'm trying to find out about surgical menopause.
I found a great book for us about this. Actually it was recommended by a friend who's mom told her about it. She used it to help with surgical menopause in her late 50s but its written for those in their 20s and 30s.

Its called The Premature Menopause Book by Kathryn Petras. There is a website as well. Do a search for the book title and it will come up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2007, 04:16 PM

Jewelz --

That has been my biggest concern and worry as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz_80
mb1011...thankyou for replying. May I ask you why you are having the surgery? I am also looking foward to a pain free life, however, I am worried about the sexual dysfunction at such a young age, and also taking HRT. I am scared to death of immediate menopause..I just feel to young to have to go through it. I think my main concern is the Sex. I enjoy it so much (although its been painful at times) I am so scared I wont be able to orgasim...or have to rely on Lubrication. Everyone around me (including my partner) assures me that this will not be a problem, but i read such different outcomes. I hope your surgery goes well and we should keep in touch!
Unread 05-27-2007, 04:18 PM

Jewelz --

Thanks so much for starting this post! This is why I came to the site to begin with to find others my age who are facing a similar situation. I just turned 29 last week. I have been praying that they would wait until after my birthday to do it. For some reason .... waiting until the digits rolled over one more time seemed to easy my worry just a hare.

I am an open book as well. Feel free to ask whatever and I will answer. Feel free to PM me if you need me as well. My surgery is scheduled for 6-22. When are you scheduled for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz_80
I would like to know if there are any other sisters on this site in their 20's? I'm having a TAH/BSO late june. I am 27. Just wanted to hear from other ladies who have already undergone sugery or are scheduled for surgery that are in their mid-late 20's. Get back to me if you are.....I just want to discuss some concerns and also just get feedback from ladies in my age range. Thanks-Jewelz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2007, 09:32 PM

Thanks for the book recommendation!! My mom got me a good book about menopause, but it's written with the assumption I'm at least 40. I want to sort out the medical issues that are menopause related and what's just age related.

I did a google search and found what, on a short inspection, seems to be a good website. It's www.earlymenopause.com

Edit--OK, I feel like an idiot! I just went back and looked at the earlymenopause website--it's by the same woman who wrote this book!
Unread 05-27-2007, 09:48 PM

Blue moon Rose,

I am glad I am not alone, and that others also need to talk with girls our age. There are so many things to consider when we are young. My surgery is scheduled on june28, so I'm not far off from you....keep in touch and we can be of support to eachother. I wish you luck!
Unread 05-27-2007, 09:56 PM

melish...thankyou for you post! That gives me such great hopes! I'm glad your doing so well!
Unread 05-28-2007, 03:14 PM

Yep! That's the site!! I couldn't remember the link. I have been avoiding doing research on this topic. Each time I open up the book I end up closing it again. I don't want to have to go through menopause now and I know that there is a very highly likelyhood that I will come out of surgery with a TAH/BSO. My doc is saying I have a 75% chance of it according to my medical history but has schedule a LAVH hoping to save one or both surgeries but has prepared me for the other just in case. UGH! I still have a few weeks to get up enough nerve to look into this. HRT is not an option for me for many different reasons.

Quote:
Thanks for the book recommendation!! My mom got me a good book about menopause, but it's written with the assumption I'm at least 40. I want to sort out the medical issues that are menopause related and what's just age related.

I did a google search and found what, on a short inspection, seems to be a good website. It's www.earlymenopause.com

Edit--OK, I feel like an idiot! I just went back and looked at the earlymenopause website--it's by the same woman who wrote this book!
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:15 PM

Blue-moon rose--I hope you don't have to have the BSO, so you can stave off menopause for a few more years.

I went ahead and ordered the book last night from Amazon; I'm really excited to have it arrive. I've been reading the other book I got and now have all sorts of questions for my gyn. This isn't something I expected to have to think about for some time, so I'm probably way overthinking things. I can't take HRT either, since I have a mild cancer, or that's what my gyn initially said in the hospital. I want to get some clarification on that from him and my oncologist. I'm hoping there may be some OTC herb or supplement that may help that I can take.
Unread 05-28-2007, 09:04 PM

I have been told by both doc and some others that I know that can't use HRT ... instead they use something called Estroven. Its an over the counter supplement that is a soy based plant estrogen. It is suppose to counter-act the side effects of menopause like HRT but without the risks involved for us with medical or family history complications. I haven't researched it much ... but I would put that on my list of questions.

Quote:
Blue-moon rose--I hope you don't have to have the BSO, so you can stave off menopause for a few more years.

I went ahead and ordered the book last night from Amazon; I'm really excited to have it arrive. I've been reading the other book I got and now have all sorts of questions for my gyn. This isn't something I expected to have to think about for some time, so I'm probably way overthinking things. I can't take HRT either, since I have a mild cancer, or that's what my gyn initially said in the hospital. I want to get some clarification on that from him and my oncologist. I'm hoping there may be some OTC herb or supplement that may help that I can take.
Unread 05-29-2007, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the info about Estroven. My mom said she takes this, but since it's estrogen I had just assumed that it was off limits. I'm definitely going to ask about it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register