whats left at top of vagina? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

whats left at top of vagina? whats left at top of vagina?

Unread 08-11-2007, 08:08 AM
whats left at top of vagina?

As fun as this has been, I was getting a little suspicious that we have been going from rated PG to rated R in some of the posts- I had a feeling we would be "busted" eventually. SO , obviously, I cannot share my "measurement" prank that I played on my husband---hilarious as it is! My original question of "What is left at the top of vagina" has certainly been answered----and certainly the concern about resuming a "marital" life is valid and appropriate in this circumstance.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and especially for everyone who used their sinse of humor to brighten our spirits during this anxiety-filled time for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Ok I understand aboutkeeping posts rated PG but when it comes to sex its hard (no pun intended) to keep it completely PG esp when discussing plumbing I hadn't really thought about WHAT would happen to the cervix space tho I did have some wierd mental images of 'the cave'-thanks 44!

Its great to hear that so many people are having sex post Hs; I am so afraid I will loose all desires but I catch myself as the words come out b/c I am trying NOT to WHAT IF myself...I am trying to take the position-lol-that more often than not I have no interest in sex b/c of constant back ache/cramps for endo and cysts.

OMG as I was writing this some guys came to measure our windows (we are having them replaced) and the man stood on my door step and said "I am here to do the measurements" and I crack up thinking of 44's dh measrements Gotta say again, I am laughing more than I have in a while on this site! PG or R or TMI its too funny!
Unread 08-11-2007, 12:00 PM

I agree, this is one of the BEST threads I have read so far on this site!
What a hoot the measurement guy to your door!
I am trying not to laugh, but I just can't help it..
I am not sure who we need to be rated PG for, as everyone of us is a woman and no one knows our real identity, which actually allows us all to be more open and honest with our questions fears and feelings....
I know there are NO small children reading their mom's personal websites, and if they did, they would NOT understand one word of what they were reading! My goodness, we are all adults here and this is a matter of fact of life type stuff, it is our sexual (reproductive) systems that have been or are about to be operated on! 44's story is so funny, I am just not sure how else we could have discussions of our sexual lives without it being a matter of fact.... sex is not a "bad" thing and it is not "dirty" and I have not read where any of us are out of line or offensive. We all have questions and we all have answers to share and opinions.
This is the best thread, it is getting down and dirty to the facts that concerns us all who enjoy our sex lives, we want to know and need to hear that it is not going to adversely effect our sexual drive, pleasure and needs!! I for one am counting down the days /weeks until my DH and I can share that part of our life again, I shared this entire thread with him last night and this morning. I know he too has the same questions, fears and has no one to hear the truth from on this matter. Thanks ladies for being so open and honest about this as you can see, it is a very popular concern for everyone, well mostly everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktys
I am not sure who we need to be rated PG for, as everyone of us is a woman and no one knows our real identity, which actually allows us all to be more open and honest with our questions fears and feelings....
I know there are NO small children reading their mom's personal websites, and if they did, they would NOT understand one word of what they were reading!
Actually, since this is a public website, your posts can pop up in search engines done by anyone, male, female, boy or girl and be read by anyone using the internet regardless of sex or age. And although members register saying they are a woman does not necessarily mean they are! We do not come out to everyone's home to do an interview to be sure you are who you say you are! Anyone can be anyone on the internet!

And yes, some women's children do read the site. And yes, your real identity can be found out. There have been numerous women who have contacted the help desk as their spouse, boss, children, in laws, etc. have found their posts and it caused a ruckous for them so they wanted their username and posts removed.

Questions regarding sex and sex issues are acceptable as this is a topic of issue with regard to a hysterectomy. But we ask that the questions and responses be written in a mature fashion and kept to a PG rating.

Thank you!
Unread 08-11-2007, 12:32 PM

(((Sisters)))

Replies have been removed from this thread so as to keep it within the Guidelines of this site--the Guidelines which you all agreed to abide by when joining this community. The posted reminder was to help keep the thread on topic and to keep replies PG rated so we don't have to do any more housekeeping.

The original poster has returned to thank everyone for the input. The question has been answered. Anyone with additional concerns should start a new thread of her own in the appropriate forum--Pre-Op for the Ladies-in-Waiting and the Post-Op forum for those who have already had surgery.

Anyone who wants to/needs to review the site Guidelines can do so by clicking this link.

Unread 08-11-2007, 02:04 PM

I removed additional arguments addressing our website guidelines and ask politely that all who wonder, please re-read our TOS.

Hystersisters.com is not only a public website, viewable by ALL, it is considered a patient medical support website and complies not only with the HON code but as a professional website with advertisers that require content be "PG", the owner (that would be me) requires PG rating in all content on this website as well.

This means you can discuss sex and your physical and emotional concerns but with appropriate language and without the jokes. Yes, we all appreciate and enjoy laughter but moving from PG to R at the expense of laughter won't smudge the lines of our TOS.

Thank you for understanding! You are wonderful!

And if you have additional questions after re-reading the TOS, feel free to contact me privately. I would be happy to explain things again.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register