Scheduled TLH What to expect on the pre op day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to expect on the pre op day What to expect on the pre op day

Unread 08-29-2011, 07:10 PM
What to expect on the pre op day

I'm going in for my pre op sept 6. They said I will have blood work done but didn't say anything else. Just so I don't have any surprises is that all they do or is there more to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Re: What to expect on the pre op day

Hi there..I am having the Davinci Hysterectomy on September 8th..first surgery every..every nervous..going to family dr. this wednesday for a pre op physical, and blood work, then on Friday I go in for a C.T Scan..two days before surgery I have to drink this stuff and have nothing but clear liquids til surgery..wishing it was over. Good luck with yours.
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Thank you. Good luck with yours too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2011, 07:32 PM

I had my pre-op today with surgery scheduled for Sept 16. My doctor asked me some of the usual questions I get asked during a routine physical, then I had to have an EKG and they drew 2 vials of blood. That was it for me. The whole deal took less than half an hour today and it was no big deal. Hope yours goes well, too.
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:35 PM

I am hoping all goes well..I have cancer in my uterus..stage one very slow growing..hoping its all contained..like I said never had any type of surgerys at all except for having my two kids..not looking forward to any of it but keep hearing the davinci surgery is easier on recovery..we shall see..be praying for ya..good luck.
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM

For me it was a physical exam, go over paper work/questions with my surgeon, then spoke with admin and registered for it, then talked with the surgery nurses, and the anthesiologist. I go the day before for bloodwork. My doc said it expires in 72 hours so I have to do it the day before.
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:49 PM

I am having sugery on 9/30 due to multiple fibroids anywhere between 3cm-10cm, inside and outside my uterus and a 7 cm cyst on my only ovary.
I am scheduled for my bloodwork on 9/15......The nurse said to test liver and kidney function and they will be testing for C 125 {ovarian cancer}.
My pre op appt is on 9/22....I am sure that will be question answer and paperwork with my dr, then immediately after that at the hospital.
My dr isn't sure if she will be able to save my only ovary....depends on what she finds when she is in there.
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:25 PM

I found out about my cancer July 18th and had to wait all this time for surgery..my poor brain is on over time with all the worrying I have done. I just want it all to be done.. Keep hearing such good things about the Davinci. Hope its all true. Best of luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register