May 15th buddies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 15th buddies May 15th buddies

Unread 05-08-2002, 09:15 AM
May 15th buddies

Hi Denise and Jodi

I know we're all on the same day

But I was wondering about the time difference from USA to UK.

Denise if you're being done at 11.30am and I'm at 3.30pm I think that's the same time!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you guys but I don't seem to be functioning very well at all. I just want to sit at the pc and read everyones posts.

I've just had a call from the hospital asking me to go on Tuesday for Pre ops and suddenly it all seems sooooooo......... real!!!!!

Catch ya later

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2002, 12:13 PM
May 15th buddies

Hi Elaine!

Not sure what the time difference is, but you may be right. I don't have my surgery time yet. Apparently they won't be able to give me a definite time until the day before! So I won't even know if I'm morning or afternoon until the day is almost here.

I do have my pre-op scheduled for Monday afternoon. Whew! I agree... this is all starting to hit home for me, and I'm both excited and nervous. It sure does seem very real now! Yikes!

I started out thinking I was going to scrub my house down from top to bottom before I went in. I got a little deep cleaning done, but now my focus has changed to more one of spending time relaxing and just being with my family, pets, etc., along with making sure the cupboards are well-stocked, the bills have been paid for the month, errands are all run and caught up, etc. Don't want to forget anything important until it's too late!

I'm getting to the looney stage now... one minute, I'm feeling kinda scared... the next, I'm wishing I could go to the castle RIGHT NOW!

Very best wishes to us all for successful surgeries and recoveries!
Unread 05-08-2002, 12:30 PM
I'm going May 15th Also

Hi Elaine, Jodi and Denise! I am also going to the castle on May 15th. My surgery is scheduled for 1:00p.m. I'm getting so very nervous. But reading everyone's posts really helps knowing there is light after this long tunnel. Wishing you all the best with your surgeries. Soon we will be 's. Lisa Y. :Hug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2002, 02:45 PM
May 15th buddies

Hi May 15th sisters! Well, it's getting really close for us now! Guess our crowns are all being polished for us in anticipation of our coronations.

I guess I'm really lucky that when it did finally become a plan, it was all scheduled very quickly. I can't imagine what some of our sister LIWs are going through who have to wait for weeks yet to visit the castle! Yikes! Once my doc and the insurance company gave the okay, we chose a surgery date that was only about 3 weeks away, so I haven't had a long wait at all. I think it's much easier that way.

Well, I think I'm going to be all ready. Planning ahead and staying calm (as much as possible, anyway) really helps. I'm sure it will be tough getting few those first few postop days, but SOOOO worth it in the long run!

Hugs and best wishes to you all!
Jodi
Unread 05-11-2002, 02:50 PM
May 15th buddies

Wow so many of us May 15 th sisters!!!
Not sure of the time difference either but we are all going into this together!
I will be thinking about all of you.
Pre op is done--bags packed---house cleaned--groceries stocked!
I am ready been waiting for a month just want it over!!!!!!!
Best wishes to all of you!
Here is a giant for each and every one of you!
Unread 05-11-2002, 03:53 PM
may 15

I'm also going to the castle on May 15. I'm in Troy Ohio, and scheduled for 12:00. Pre OP was on Thursday, only took blood, getting rest of info from family dr. Thoughts and prayers with all the 15th princess.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register