Depo Testosterone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depo Testosterone? Depo Testosterone?

Unread 08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Depo Testosterone?

Hi Ladies -
I just passed my one year LAVH w/ BSO anniversary. Basically feeling ALOT better than before the hyst, however, there have been some 'trade offs' I'm trying to balance out. I had both the blood work up and a saliva test. Both showed low estrodial, very low progesterone and normal range testosterone. My symptoms are NO sex drive, memory issues, fatigue, thinning skin, loss of lean muscle mass and headaches. When I went in for my one year check up with my OB, he recommended upping my estrogen patch (Vivelle Dot) from 0.05 to 0.1 and gave me a 100 mg Depo Testosterone shot. He wasn't too keen on giving me a prescription for the "holysitc" progesterone. I'm confused/concerned and don't know where to turn. No improvement in symptoms since increasing patch strength and getting shot (although it's only been a week). I'm confused as to why he would prescribe this when my testosterone level is within normal range. Not to mention that I'm concerned that I think it's a steroid! (from what I have researched). If my progesterone level is very low, why (other than the fact he doesn't work with a compounding pharmacy) would he NOT want to balance out the progesterone? I like and trust him, but he has me second guessing this. Has anyone had any experience with the Depo Testosterone shots? Does anyone else feel like maybe I should be getting Progesterone (rather than testosterone) to balance out the hormones?

Sorry, I know I'm rambling here. Thanks for your input!

Sandlover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Depo Testosterone?

Hello Sister,
My doc prescribes E & T shot and it makes the balance for me. I have lowered the T and doing well. My Dr basis is how I feel.
I have to tell you it is about trust, the Doctor is in his 60's. Good Luck Birdie
Unread 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Depo Testosterone?

Hi, I had a hysterectomy (ovaries and all) in June of 2007 and am still having problems getting my levels right. My DR just gave me the depo shot on 8-12 for the first time. I was on Vivelle patch .1 and he added .05 to try and see if it helps with being hot at night. The shot is for low sex drive. I thought he said progesterone was for something to do with your uterine lining so you wouldn't need that replaced??? I am feeling a little bit better but I think it is too early to tell. I will let you know how the shot works for me in a few weeks. I'm looking for people who have had the shot also to let me know their thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Depo Testosterone?

Hello Sisters,
I understand, the shot is to relieve the symptoms Sandlover describes. Before I received injections ( the way in which it is administered) I had no balance, suffered with all menopausal symptoms. You are welcome to look at my other posts. I know of few to take the shot. Birdie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register