Food adversions after hyster? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Food adversions after hyster? Food adversions after hyster?

Unread 09-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Food adversions after hyster?

Hi, I'm 6 weeks 5 days post op.(have ovaries)

Has anyone had any food adversions/nausea since their hysterectomy? I feel like I'm pregnant. It's weird! I have alot of the feelings I had when I was pregnant with both my kids. Emotional, food adversions, nausea, swelly belly, happy/sad, just plain blah I also am getting some hot flashes. I thought I wasn't going to get hot flashes because I still have my ovaries. I don't get them everyday, but once in a while it comes over me. I'm doing alright from the surgery, but still feel really distant from myself. Is this normal? I guess at week 1-4 I knew people in general understood my situation. But now at weeks 5-6 people expect soooo much from me. I feel overwhelmed! I'm a strong person, but everyone reaches their peak.
Please help! I need someone kind to make me feel NOT CRAZY FOR FEELING THE WAY I FEEL.
Thanks!
Ice Lady
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Food Aversions

I thought I was the only one. I actually have had weird cravings. Things that I haven't eaten in over 10 to 15 years, have been making its way to my table lately. I am in post op week 8. I am having hot flashes as well (with my ovaries). I have horrible mood swings! Every now and then, the smell of some things, be it food, cologne or just the air, makes me gag.

I also would like some confirmation that I am not crazy. It seems as though every thing bothers me (usually in a negative way). I just don't feel complete (which I know that I am not). I actually had problems with bleeding during weeks 5 and 6 and was second guessing the surgery (ooops--too late for that). I am getting there, it is just taking time!
Unread 09-22-2005, 11:24 AM

I haven't had surgery yet, but I have a co-worker that swears she can't tolerate left over chinese food. She can eat it the first time, but not left overs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Foods

Hello Ladies

I'm almost 1 year post op and my taste for certain foods are so diff.... I use to eat alot of sweets and now I will only eat sweets maybe once a month or so... My deal now is salty foods.... I use to be a salt and pepper freak and now I can use very little pepper on my food and not much salt... I had my gallbladder out in Jan. of 2004 10 months before my LAVH and since my LAVH I have a terriable time with certain foods.... I thought it was bad right after my gallbladder was removed not even.... Sometimes I can eat anything and sometimes I can get sick at the drop of a hat... And yes it does seem like you are pregnant.... Sometimes when I'm sicker then sick throwing up in the morning I look at my husband and say "man if I didn't know better I could swear I'm pregnant" then we just look at each other and laugh..... I'm almost 1 year post op and still have trouble with foods, but it will get better..... I hope this helps..... Take care Rambi
Unread 09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Foods

P.S. I was never a real big drinker, but know I can't even get a drink in me.... Which really ***** at times... But then on the other hand my husband liked his beer and Bacardi and since I don't drink his drinking has came to a huge halt and I'm loving it.... Bars here in Nevada can be very expensive since we are a 24/7 town.... Take Care Rambi
Unread 09-22-2005, 11:57 AM

I too feel some what that way.
Sometimes I want to eat everything, and others just the thought of something that I normally eat makes me do an all over body shake of "yuck". For example... I won't go to Burger King again for the rest of my whole life...
which really means at least 8 months in real life".
My burger was yummy but made me feel sooo0o sick afterwards.
My breasts are achy! I could turn into a "ninja" when my husband goes to close and touches me. My Lower half is feeling "in the mood".

? humm.. I do feel pregnant and look pregnant too! My only thing is I get FEVERs instead of hot flashes.

I don't think your alone. I'm really bad, I'm screening my calls.. the ones that call and talk for to long.. I can't handle it, I'm not like this, but I hear myself mutter in my head... " I don't want to spend the day bla blahin' with this person about how fabulous they are. ... and I'm like "gulp" ... that's not me.... and fall to the recliner for a good cry.
Since my surgery, when were going into town, I look in the mirror and huff, " nothing fits right". I know .. that it will " some day" but, there's no reasoning with my inner self when there's a mirror in front of you and your going to town and might see people you know and those who aren't close with you might think your "pregnant".

wow.. I guess I do need some comforting too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register