Incision not closing, Help!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision not closing, Help!! Incision not closing, Help!!

Unread 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Incision not closing, Help!!

I had surgery on 4/18 i had a cysts and left ovary removed, my doctor said i had a lot of scar tissue that he had to remove i stayed in the hospital for 2 day was release, this week will be 4 weeks, i had stitches, but there is small area that never Closed, it constantly qooze and bleed, i have a nurse that come to my house everyday to pack the wound. even when they pack the wound it still qooze threw the gauze. I'm getting nervous that some thing is wrong i keep asking the nurse question and she saying that it will not close because the inside is not healing yet.

Have any one every heard of this happening, i do not know what to do i am in a lot of pain, i been having a hard time sleeping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM

I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this.

When I had my surgery, they did a hip-to-hip incision which was left mostly open -- just a few staples held parts of it together. I was sure it would never close.

The doc explained something like what your nurse is telling you -- that the surgical area heals from the inside out. The outside skin doesn't really meet and fuse together, but rather new skin grows to close the incision when it's ready to close.

It took my incision 10 weeks to finally heal, but it did heal.

As long as you're not getting infected and things are gradually improving, you're probably doing the best you can. I'm glad you still have a nurse coming by to check on your progress.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:19 AM

I am sorry this is happening to you...I am sure is not pleasant and its a struggle everyday not sure why this happens, my brother got operated in his stomach and the same thing happened to him, it would not close, and it took a few weeks for it to finally close....

I on the other hand, my incision did close from inside, but the outside skin is not closing proprerly and keeps opening here and there, I am almost 8 weeks post op and still dealilng with my incision

hang in there, we will get thru this very soon....I will pray for both of us....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register