Not Scheduled Problems getting hysterectomy d/t age?!?!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems getting hysterectomy d/t age?!?!? Problems getting hysterectomy d/t age?!?!?

Unread 01-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Problems getting hysterectomy d/t age?!?!?

Ladies, I just feel like this is the never ending story... Am I ever going to get a surgery date!?!?!? For the past two years I have been told by numerous doctors (three ob-gyns, two cardiologists, two hematologists, and one endocrinologist) that I need to have a hysterectomy. I have finally come to the same conclusion and have finally accepted not being able to have children.

So last week I had an appointment with a gynecologist that I have seen before (not my regular gyn because I want to have it done at a different hospital). She agreed that this is the best coarse of action for me and that they would do a DVH unless they found a ton of adhesions or endo and needed to do a TAH. She told me that the surgery scheduler would call me to set up a time for my surgery, my pre-op appointment and my pre-op appointment with the anesthesiologist.

So last Thursday I received a call from the scheduler stating that they want me to come in again (on the 19th) to do a more through exam, discuss alternatives, and make sure this is what I really want to do. I was so upset. We have already discussed alternatives until we're blue in the face and KNOW that I have to have a hysterectomy. The scheduler told me because of my age (I'm 28) they're very cautious before proceeding with a hysterectomy. Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues because of their age?

I talked to the scheduler again today and she told me that it is partial a liability issue... Seriously I'm not going to sue you, I'll sign anything you want, just take this uterus out!!! But a shimmer of good news... the scheduler told me that if I don't have a DVH she could get me in at the end of January. If I have the DVH she can get me in sometime in February. So hopefully I won't have to wait too long. Don't care if I have to wait a little longer definitely going to wait on the DVH.

Just needed to vent and wondering if anyone else is having problems d/t their age???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Re: Problems getting hysterectomy d/t age?!?!?

Yup...been there and done that. I've been saying I wanted a hyster since my endo diagnosis at 19. I've known my whole life I don't want kids...it's just not my cup of tea. But doctors are scared to death of lawsuits because they're afraid we'll change our minds and claim emotional trauma and whatnot.
I tried again when I was 24 and was told to wait to see if I wanted kids. AND again at 26.
And now here I am at 30. I finally convinced them to do it. I love my doctor and all but it got to the point where it was like, "Look....take it out. Now."

Docs just don't get it sometimes.
Unread 01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Re: Problems getting hysterectomy d/t age?!?!?

I am so sorry to hear that your docotor is dragging his feet. I am in a similiar situation. I have been trying to convince my doctor to go a hysterectomy since I 32. After three years of pain and two laporscopies, he finally agreed, because I told him he was discriminating against me because I am infertle and young. Not fair. A month and a half later the surgery is still not scheduled, so I made an appointment with another doctor. Hopefully it won't come to that for you. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register