Why is the Swelly Belly being discontinued? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why is the Swelly Belly being discontinued? Why is the Swelly Belly being discontinued?

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Why is the Swelly Belly being discontinued?

Hi everyone, upon visiting the site's store, the Swelly Belly is being discontinued, does anyone know why?! Are people not happy with it? Does it not work or something? I wanted to get one b/c I liked the idea of having some kind of support where my incisions were made, now what do I do, I was thinking of just using an "Ace" bandage, not to tight around my mid-section, thanks so much for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Re: Why is the Swelly Belly being discontinued?

I went to Target and got a $17.00 Belly Band that seems to work just great. It looks like you have an undershirt on. I really so like it and don't know what I would do with out it.
Unread 02-21-2011, 11:52 AM

Bellajul, did you get one from the maternity section at Target, or was it the tighter one from the lingerie section?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2011, 05:01 PM

Hi there! The Swelly Belly Band manufacturer has gone out of business, therefore it is being discontinued. Additionally i want to make sure you are looking at the correct product for your needs. The Swelly Belly Band was never intended for support; it is designed to provide relief for incisions that are flared up (some women have incisions that itch, burn, and are otherwise uncomfortable). Our Abdominal Support Binder is designed solely for the support your body craves after your surgery, whether or not you have an external incision. We have a third product that combines the best features of our Abdominal Binder and the Swelly Belly Band. It is the Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder and is a dry product (unlike the Swelly Belly Band, which is damp). The Perfect Pocket is identical to our standard abdominal binder, except it has a pocket/sleeve in it so if you would like to put a cooling pack in the sleeve (for general comfort or for incision discomfort), you may do so. It comes with 2 packs that can be used for this purpose. The packs can also be heated, if your doctor recommends heat. I hope this clarifies the mystery of the tummy care products for you! Robin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register