Bone Tired? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-31-2003, 12:32 PM
Bone Tired?

Hello all.

Is anyone tired to the bone? I've just been draaaaaaging this week, but don't feel sick. I swear people at work think I'm drunk by the way I'm weaving down the hallways!

I took another blood test yesterday to see if I'm more anemic, but it probably won't be till next week that they inform me.

The doc already advised me to take a "Slow Fe" iron pill once a day, in addition to my normal multivitamin. I just don't want to be a pile of jello by the time I go in (11/14).

Anyone else feeling this way? Any suggestions to get more strength before then? (I'm on the 10th day of this particular crimson tide, and don't see it slowing down anytime soon.)

Hope you're all well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Bone Tired?

Hi there!

I'm so sorry you're feeling so worn out, sweetie! Did your doc have any other suggestions at all? Are you sleeping as much as you should? Sleeping too much? Getting out and walking ?

I hope you find some strength and energy and feel better very soon!

Unread 10-31-2003, 03:03 PM
Bone Tired?

Therese!!! I'm beat too. I got home from work at 3:30 and collapsed in bed for two hours. It frustrates my husband to no end. But I told him to just LAY OFF!

I am also really cranky. Can you tell? Are you cranky? I'm coming to Seattle for my LAVH, and I will drag the sun with me. Maybe you just need some sunlight!! I was there earlier this week and MAN WAS IT GLOOOOOMY! It's been pretty sunny down here in the Longview area, and even though I was tired yesterday I feel less weak at least.

Extra iron doesn't seem to help me. If you feel like it, maybe taking a walk and getting some air while you are at work will give you a little push.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Bone Tired?

Toonces: Thanks for the concern! Nope, my doc hasn't got back to me yet. I'll bug them next week if I haven't heard from them by Tuesday. Part of it may be that I can't take my long walks at lunch for fear of leakage. I get about 6-7 hours of sleep per night -- not too much or too little. It doesn't feel like sleepy-tired; just fatigued, I guess. Probably it's just all catching up with me.

Melanie: Hey, another Washingtonian! It's been gorgeous here yesterday and today; although today I had to break out my gloves! Maybe not walking IS the problem. I haven't been able to go for walks all week -- due to a crazy work place and fear of leakage. I do walk 40 minutes every morning at home, though.

Who knows? Maybe it's my body just telling me to slow down!

Thanks. Take care.
Unread 10-31-2003, 04:05 PM
Finally NOT tired!

Hi! Had a TAH/BSO in mid-July and am FINALLY this past week not tired anymore, BUT, if I do too much I use all my reserve (which is not much) and then I'm tired again, but it will happen! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register