No Adenomyosis! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Adenomyosis! No Adenomyosis!

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:02 AM
No Adenomyosis!

Well, I saw my doc on Tuesday for my 2 week post-op. I walked into his office saying "OK, tell me you got the path report back and that I did have adenomyosis..." And to my great horror, he said that I didn't!

I was devastated! For the last week I had been feeling like I had made a huge mistake, that the pain hadn't been that big a deal, that the hyst was over-kill... and on and on. A textbook pity-party. Hearing I didn't have adeno almost sent me over the edge.

He went on to say that my uterus was twice normal size and was "obviously very sick" and that the ovary that he removed was also "enlarged and angry". He said he found more endo in the culdesac, and that in his opinion, the hyst was totally justifiable. He also said that the path report may not have been totally accurate, (it can be really hard to find the adeno even after removal) and that even if I didn't have it yet, it certainly would have developed eventually if my uterus had been left intact. My pain just would have gotten worse and I would start having bleeding issues.

I'm really trying hard not to second guess this whole thing. I'm a firm believer in the fact that there are no accidents and that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I HAVE to trust that we made a good decision and to now move forward with no regrets. It's time to get healthy and get going! It's time to dance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
No Adenomyosis!

Hi Princess Kipper,
Sorry you're having a hard time dealing w/ the hysterectomy. Just try and think positive you had the surgery before everything got worse. It really sounds to me that your hyst. was inevitable. I had adenomyosis in my pathology report but if it had that name or not the pain was still there right? You had to be in pain to even have decided to have a hyst. We all go through was it worth it and the answer is most likely always YES!!! Take it easy and things will get better.
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:51 PM
No Adenomyosis!

Please don't beat yourself up about this. They may not have been able to diagnose adenomyosis from the tissue sample that they took but a uterus that is twice it's normal size would indicate that you did have it. In addition all your other problems more than warrented the surgery. Many of our sisters have certainly had some incredible diagnoses and it is a wonder that they were able to function at all, but it does not mean that your own issues are less validated. I, like you, had previous endometriosis which along with adhesions was treated laprascopically 4 years ago; however during my hysterectomy there were no further signs of endometriosis but my uterus was more than twice the usual size (I still have adhesions from previous surgeries which were left alone this time). The pathology report did diagnose adenomyosis but honestly my pain had not been severe as I hear other ladies experienced, my problem was constant bleeding and dull aches. Despite the results I have still experienced moments of deep regret for having had the operation which I cannot explain and I feel like a major part of my life is over (this had been one of the hardest parts of my recovery). My husband and doctor have been wonderful and supported me through these darker moments. I totally sympathise with what you are going through, but please know you are not alone. I honest believe that time is our best friend and there will be a time when this is all behind us and we can move on. Like you say, think positive, but don't feel bad about your sad and frustrated moments, you are entitled to those too just try not to let them dominate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I know, I know, I know...

HysterSisters are the best!

There is such a difference between knowing something in your brain and feeling that it is true in your heart. And I know that it's just gonna take some time (as usual) to get those 2 organs on the same page.

Thanks for your care girls, you have really helped me.

BTW... I too have a great doc and an amazing DH who let me be as crazy as I need to be. I also have the greatest friends in the world, although not many have been to the land of Hyster.
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:04 AM
No Adenomyosis!

I am glad you are ready to dance! I just had my LAVH on 11/9 (12 days ago) and I already feel a relief of pressure and pain. My uterus was the size of a Texas grapefuit and now I know why I couldn't zip my jeans for so long. I am looking forward to putting my jeans back on! I am glad the adenomyosis is gone and that I continuued to ask my doctor about my symptoms. Who knows how long I would have been silent.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register