Strange Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange Question Strange Question

Unread 08-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Strange Question

This may sound totally off the wall...it does to me. My best friend asked me this today, and to be honest I really don't know the answer.

I have a very tilted uterus...I have known that for 2 years now. Some days, my back just feels sore, and I can take motrin and it feels better. Other days (like today) I'm in a lot of pain and there seems to be very little that helps. A couple weeks ago, my doctor told me it wasn't as tilted as he had thought it was (at that time, I wasn't in much pain), but the very next week was my ultrasound...the tech was surprised at just how tilted my uterus was, he said it was almost at a 90 degree angle? I felt horrible that day.

My friend asked me if it's possible that it can be more tilted at times, and that's when I have the most pain? Her actual words were, "Can it move? lol

Does this even make sense?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Strange Question

Huh. Good question!! It does make sense but I don't have a clue about the answer. Mine was tilted too but not to the point where it got painful....please post if you find out (or know, anyone?) the answer!
Unread 08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Strange Question

Mine was tilted that way for many years. Now it's falling out. I hope you can find a doctor that can correct the problem before it prolapses.
Hugs
Pat the Bayou Goddess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Strange Question

I have a tilted uterus and also have had back pain and stiffness for years. always worse at period time
Unread 08-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Strange Question

i had a tilted uterus and was never told about it moving. i had a total hysterectomy on aug 4th and got rid of it altogether. i had some other problems but my doc said that it could cause pain and pain with sex also. (depending on the angle) I would talk to your doc about this and don't think it is a stupid question because it is not. U should ask them everything so u feel comfortable about what is going on in your body.

Good luck and God Bless
Unread 08-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Strange Question

Thanks for replying everybody! I'm planning to have everything but the ovaries out Sept. 18! Get it over with, ya know? I have had the back pain for years, but only in the last 9 months has it really been causing a problem. I do have pain with sex, and for a couple days after...much to my husband's dismay I try to avoid it altogether! The doc said that was related to the tilted uterus. Mine usually gets worse with my periods, but these days it just hurts any time.
Unread 08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Strange Question

That is a really good question!! I had a tilted uterus & backpain. Somedays were worse than others. Maybe it does move! If you find out, post the answer. That is interesting.

Good luck with your surgery & wishing you a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Strange Question

Hmm that certainly is a good question. I never thought about it but I have a retroverted uterus as well. I have mild back pain most days. Boy I sure hope that will go away with this surgery.

You have given me new hope in this area.
Unread 08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Thank You For Bringing This Up.

The very first pelvic exam I had was when I was 17 and I was told that I had a titled uterus, which wasn't surprising because my mother and sisters have it too. Also, both doctors that delivered my children said I had a tilted uterus.

HOWEVER - After my difficult delivery and once everything was already beginning to prolapse, I had a few pelvic exams where I was told that I don't have a tilted uterus, they acted shocked, like what am I talking about???

Then, the very last pelvic exam the doctor said, wow, it's hard to get a feel for your uterus, as it moves around! Well, duh... I guess so, or how is it that some doctors didn't think it was tilted at all...

As I write this, I have the most excruciating tailbone pain, I feel that it is the pressure of my uterus - be it tilted or just very mobile, it is sitting on my tailbone.

I have vaginal, uterine, rectal and cervical prolapses that I am hoping to have fixed. I plan on asking the GYN if, in fact, my uterus is moving about. I wouldn't think that is a good thing.

I would LOVE to know what your doctor tells you, because how else can I explain that 7 out 10 doctors say I have a retroverted uterus? But some say I don't.

It just doesn't make sense.

Unread 08-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Strange Question

GentleSoul -- exactly! I had actually started to wonder if it was just in my head, because two doctors had differing opinions on whether my uterus was tilted or not. The ultrasound tech last Friday put that fear to rest, but it opened up room for this question in my head, especially after my friend mentioned it too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register