still in pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still in pain still in pain

Unread 12-15-2006, 04:01 PM
still in pain

Every once in a while i get sharp pain inside where my incision is. So today i called my doctor to see if he could write me another pain script. He said no that i shouldn't be hurting any longer. That my body is telling me to slow down. I am not doing nothing that i shouldn't . I am not lifting on anything just driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 04:24 PM
still in pain

You would think that your Dr. would have you come in if he is concerned that you are still in pain. I hate that attitude of "Well, you shouldn't be hurting". Well you are. I find that Advil is my best friend. It seems to be the only thing that works for me. I take 3-4 at a time. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Tricia
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:08 PM
still in pain

At 3 weeks, I still had occasional sharp pains but they didn't linger. I actually found 3 - 5 weeks frustrating, I felt I wasn't progressing but it got better after those weeks.

That being said, I returned to work at 6 weeks and at 7 weeks developed a major pain on my left side. My dr ran some tests and then did an Ultrasound. I had a cyst forming (first in my life). She didn't offer more pain pills but did refill my Moltrin. I'm still having issues but know that this will pass.

I would be concerned about a pain at 3/4 weeks. At that point the stitches are disolving and if the healing tissue isn't strong enough to make up for it, you could have problems. Pain pills or not, I would think your Dr would still want to see you just to 'check on things'.

I hope your feeling better.

Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register