5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure 5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure

Unread 08-19-2013, 08:57 AM
5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure

This is my 5th week since I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy no tubes overaies and no uterious. I feel like I have a bowling ball sitting on my pelvic area pushing down and sharp tingling pains shooting down from my left side at one of my cuts. It looks healed but I don't understand why I'm getting these kinds of pains. I wonder if I may have over done it when my Dr said I could start cleaning. Can anyone relate or know what could be causing it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Re: 5 weeks after still in pain and still have alot of pressure

Hi there! Yes, I can definitely relate. You are still very early into your recovery. You may look healed on the outside, but there is so much more healing that needs to take place on the inside. The norm is about 12 months to fully heal. I was about 14-15 months. Sounds like the sharp tingling pain at the cut has to do with nerves. I had the same thing. It seems as though you are doing to much. Even though your doc said it's ok to clean you want to listen to your body. The pressure and pain is normal after surgery. If you just started getting it or it's increased since you've been doing more then listen to the signs that your body is giving you and rest.

You only get to heal correctly once, so let the family do the heavy cleaning and you can do the light cleaning. Don't pick up heaving things. It's so important to take care of yourself right now. Don't worry. What you are going through is normal. You will get better! Just give it time.

Take care!
Suzy
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddock View Post
Hi there! Yes, I can definitely relate. You are still very early into your recovery. You may look healed on the outside, but there is so much more healing that needs to take place on the inside. The norm is about 12 months to fully heal. I was about 14-15 months. Sounds like the sharp tingling pain at the cut has to do with nerves. I had the same thing. It seems as though you are doing to much. Even though your doc said it's ok to clean you want to listen to your body. The pressure and pain is normal after surgery. If you just started getting it or it's increased since you've been doing more then listen to the signs that your body is giving you and rest.

You only get to heal correctly once, so let the family do the heavy cleaning and you can do the light cleaning. Don't pick up heaving things. It's so important to take care of yourself right now. Don't worry. What you are going through is normal. You will get better! Just give it time.

Take care!
Suzy
OK I will slow down. Glad to hear it is normal my Dr isn't very helpful with all this. I didn't even know what to expect with the menopause stuff other then not flashes. Thanks to this site I have learned a lot on what to expect. Thanks for helping to ease my mind Suzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:24 AM

That does not seem right at all for five weeks. You should be almost pain free by now. If not totally pain free, and pressure, feeling like a bolwing ball, that does not sound like anything i have heard. Please press your doc for answers. Other sisters, does that sound typical for five weeks to you???
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:46 AM

OK now I am confused. I tried calling the Dr yesterday left message with nurse but as normal no call back. Like I said before hate my Dr cause he doesn't seem to care. My first week home I was passing dime and penny sized clots and ended up calling er after waiting 3 days and still never heard anything. So please if anyone can help I'm all ears. No other Dr will talk to me cause he did surgery
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM

What day was your operation?
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:12 AM

Steph i think theres a typo on your info, It says your hysterctomy was august 13 1982.
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleyz View Post
It was July 19th I believe
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleyz View Post
It was July 19 2013
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Sorry just learning this site. My opp date was July 19,2013 lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register