Is there such a thing as too young? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is there such a thing as too young? Is there such a thing as too young?

Unread 11-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Great reply

sagespot

I think you post was really well written, especially about feeling cheated.

I really wish you well and hope you receive everything you wish for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Is there such a thing as too young?

I'm sorry to hear that you are going thru all of this I will have to have a hyst when I'm 22 (19 now). So we are kinda in the same boat. A really rocky boat Only you know how much more you can take and only you can say how old you should be to do things. Everything happens for a reason, I don't know if you have kids (I don't and have slim chances to have them), but something my aunt told me was that the reason she couldn't have kids was so that she could be sucha cool aunt. As cheesy as it sounds it does have some truth. There might be bigger and better things out there for you after the hyst.
You definately found the right place for support, since I have been a member here I feel like my head is clearer. It makes since women from around the world, going thru simular experances, sharing their thoughts and helping each other. I hope that I've been of some help, do what is best for you, because you are the only one who can make the choice and you are the one who has to live with it. take care and good luck
Unread 11-15-2004, 07:12 PM

Hello. I just turned 28 on Sunday. !
I am scheduled for a hyst on Dec 8, and I am glad to be having it done. I too have heard the your too young speel, but like other women have posted, they don't know the pain!!! I too have tried many things, I have tried Depo, Birth Control, Nuva Ring, Bextra, shots....all to no avail, still pain, lots of bleeding, hurtful sex, oh yeah and PAIN!!! I have been in pain since 1994, I have tried all of their options, I feel like a guinie pig, LOL, I am hoping that the hyst will help. Good luck with yours, and I am here to vent if you feel the need!
Unread 11-16-2004, 04:26 AM

Further into my own situation....

I have been in sever pain since my youngest son was born 9/27/97 (2 boys). I have tried the Depo... IUD, B.C. Laporoscopy,
Pain Management now for 1 1/2 yrs. I have lost 2 jobs over it in the past year. Havent worked since last May! Bills are spiraling out of control. I had my IUD removed 2 yrs ago and decided to attempt pregnancy. The Lapo was done a yr ago, and we decided that I wanted 1 more child so no further action would be taken at the time. Then I lost my job, got another and lost that 1 for the same reasons.(too much time away due to pain) Went back to Dr. and told her we needed to discuss the Hyst. and of course me wanting another child came up, to which my reply was..."If I can't keep a job to support the children I have... how would I possibly support another!"
So we began the journey toward the Hyst. in June!
I have had 2 yrs to get pregnant and it hasn't happened...
which tells me it wasn't meant to!
The pain has become mostly paralyzing, to the point that usually I can't get out of bed.
3 bottles of Vicodin in 2 1/2 months tells me I am more than ready for this permanent solution!
I can't work, can't drive, sometimes have trouble walking, can only clean in spurts, no sleep, and my children are "mommy" deprived.
I have read and read and read posts... pre-op, post-op I have spoken with the women in my personal life who had the surgery... went down the family history road and found most women in my "tree" had to have the Hyst.
I haven't just jumped into this decision... I have been dwelling on it for 1.4 yrs I have tried many other methods.
There are far too many reasons to have the Hyst...and if "Don't ya think your too young" is the only reason not to have it....
LOL ...I think I will just buy some ear plugs!

Thank You all for your stories and support!
And thanks for letting me vent
Unread 11-17-2004, 06:29 AM

Hello-

I, too, am young (though at 38 not quite as young as you), and have had people tell me I am too young. But I also have spent the past year on demerol and vicodin and have had no good quality of life. So I say commence with the hyster and then let me feel like myself again. To me, age doesn't have too much to do with it when you just don't want to feel awful anymore.

Paula
Unread 11-17-2004, 06:39 AM

I am 25 now, will be 26 in 9 days and am scheduled for LAVH in 4 weeks. Most of my friends and family know what I've been through over the past 8 years and are saying "it's about time". But others do give me the "you're so young, what are you doing?" speech. I tell them all the same thing. I'll trade you my reproductive organs for yours for one week, then you tell me what you would do.

I'm married, and my sex life has suffered severely. When you hurt all the time sex is the last thing you want. I've gotten to the point where my clothes that fit hurt me when I wear them too long. I can't sit, stand or walk around for any extended periods of time because of the pain. I've just had enough. I'm happy with my decision. If this is what you want and what "YOU" think is the best thing for you, then it is what you need to do. Pain management is only a temp. solution to a chronic problem. There are times when pain management creates problems of its own (as others have mentioned). So, you have to weigh out the pros and cons of each then make an informed decision. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register