I'm home from castle - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home from castle I'm home from castle

Unread 06-16-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm home from castle

Colleen and Hubby Weze
I had my hubby home and my 15 yr old son with me and they are a big help. My son said how long are you going to drag this out about going up and down stairs. When you start to beable to use the stairs are you going to pretend you still CAN'T? ( HAHA)
Yesterday he had to bring up laundry and he told me he felt like a maid ...LOL I told him now he know how I fell... LOL!!!!
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm home from castle

HA HA..that is good, Lori!! I know, my son has that type of humor too...sarcastic! LOL I don't have stairs, so I have been doing my own carrying the laundry basket....I don't if it is too heavy, like with towels and sheets though. Then I yell "KEVIN!" and here he comes! LOL! I do seem to have LOTS of trouble getting in and out of the Tahoe. STILL. It is a struggle. So I am going to drive the Mustang next week, and it is a stick, and I wonder if that will be a pain for me to do?
Unread 06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm home from castle

I'd rather Louise doesn't come down the stairs until Tuesday's dr. appt. she's got all she needs on the level she is on.. If she needs something all she needs to do is ask.
Unread 06-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm home from castle

YAY!!
Welcome home! Get some rest and pamper yourself!!
Unread 06-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm home from castle

Mr. Weze..I agree. She doesn't need anything with you there to pamper the princess! Tell her we sisters of hers are ordering her to stay in bed and rest and know it will get better, day by day!
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm home from castle

Weze and hubby,

I had my surgery on the 12th too, and got home yesterday. I was in no pain whatso-ever for the first two days, and really only now am starting to have feeling / "pain" in my belly region. I guess I was very lucky, because when the nurses would ask me what level of pain I was at to give me the pills, after they cut off the IV, I had to say 1, not 0, so they would even give me meds. I have been going up and down the stairs all day, just all very slowly. I am overdue for my next painkillers by two hours, and will take them because I "might" need them for the night in bed. The surgeon and the doctors and nurses don't understand that I am painfree, and really, neither can I.

i am so sorry weze is having such a painful experience, and I just to wish her a speedy recovery and good helath from this point forwards.
Unread 06-17-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm home from castle

It's so nice of Mr. Weze to come here!! Please tell her to TAKE IT EASY! (hey it rhymes with Weze!)...
The only way to let your body heal is to let it rest! Rent a bunch of videos (I've watched full seasons of tv-shows in the past 3 weeks!)... Desperate housewives is my fave - but I've also watched 24 and Lost. No commercials - no waiting to see what happens next week! If she can get up every once in a while for a short walk it is good - but a short walk for me was two times down my hall and around the dining room table... But only when she feels up to it.
I'm sorry her experience at the hospital was so bad. That's horrible. But I'm hoping in 6 months from now she'll be back here writing why she's so glad she finally had this done!
Take care!
Unread 06-17-2007, 08:14 AM
yes I went down the steps (7)

I'm so glad dh, Kevin or Mr. Weze has found someone to talk to here as I'm sure I have not been a very friendly person to live with. Pain is pretty severe & still confused about the pain meds which they said alternate between Vicodin & Ibuprofen 600 (which they forgot to give me a prescrip for so I am using Ibuprofen 800 which my brother brought back from Mexico). My bladder had some repairs & so did my rectum.....they wanted the bladder to "rest & heal" so they put the catherer in but it is sewn into the pubic bone. Little nervous about that as it seems to be starting to bleed there at the stitching & I don't go back till Tuesday at 4pm. Is this normal? Also STILL have not had a bowel movement even tho I am taking stool softeners.....hoping this isn't going to cause just one more problem to add to my list. My staples (feels like a million) are across my stomch just above the pubic bone which is why it is so hard to get up & down. My feet are swollen but at least my wrist & hand swelling has gone down. Seems like when they had to give me benadryl for the itching reaction thru the iv that my wrist not only swelled up but it burned so bad like someone was putting acid into my veins and at one point actually paralyzed that wrist. well I'm going back to bed............meds are kicking in! Something good for a change!
Unread 06-17-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm home from castle

weze, yay! You were able to post!! That is a good sign! Shows you are indeed on the mend, even in small steps! Good Deal! Keep up on the pain meds! I can't give you any advice about the catheter...mine was removed the second day post op at the hospital....but if you are concerned, I would call tomorrow and ask some questions!

PS...my son's name is Kevin!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register