7 weeks and 2 days until TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks and 2 days until TAH 7 weeks and 2 days until TAH

Unread 03-22-2009, 10:13 AM
7 weeks and 2 days until TAH

Hi all,
I am having a TAH with possible removal of ovary and tubes on May 12th, 2009. I want to keep one ovary as I am 27 and do not want to be in menopause as of yet. I have incredibly heavy monthlys and thanks to coumadin they are heavier than when I was younger. They are also looking for endometrial adhesions to see if that could be causing all my chest pain.
I am nervous, I had my tubes tied back in 2005, but this is alot scarier for me. I am at an increased risk for blood clots as I have had PEs and a blood clot in my leg, to which they arent sure of the cause.
I am looking for advice/friendships of other heading down this road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2009, 10:25 AM

Hi Kit1018

You have found the right place for advice and friendship to help you along your hysterectomy journey. The women here are so helpful and supportive. I waited three months between deciding to have the hysterectomy and my surgery date. During that time, I was able to learn so much here by asking questions and reading about other women's experiences and concerns. I was so comforted knowing that I wasn't alone.

This is a major surgery. The blood clots sound scary, but since they already know that's an issue for you, the and will be even more vigilant in your care.

I'm glad you found us!
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:30 AM

thankyou very much
I am waiting 7 weeks for a couple of reasons including the fact that we are moving the last week of April and hopefully getting a puppy around then. Means I will be off work for about 6 weeks I figure that the distraction of potty training will be good plus hubby is there to help.
I am nervous and scared I sortof feel like a baby for wanting people with my hubby in the waiting room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Hi Kit. Hugs to you! I had my TAH 2 months ago. I was able to keep both ovaries and am sooo happy to have had this surgery...sounds strange, but I did not realize how bad I felt before (besides the bleeding) gues I had become used to the pain! You probably won't be able to bend or have your puppy in your lap for a bit after surgery because of your incision...my kitty paws still make me cringe when he steps on my scar. And...you are not a baby...this is a big surgery and he may appreciate the distraction of friends. Best wishes!!!
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:49 PM

thankyou very much for your advice and well wishes. I am ready to not have to worry about leaving the house during that time of the month. I am also hoping that this wipes all the pain away.
Unread 03-22-2009, 03:09 PM

I feel your pain. I decided in Nov. 2008 to have it done in March 2009, but mainly because I had a lot of things going on in between that time that I wanted to make sure I was able to get up and move around for.

Needless to say, I did the heavy bleeding just as you did. I did it for 8 years.

I am only 16 days out and I am SO HAPPY that I did it. Now I wish I would have done it sooner. Even though I am only a lil ways out, I can already tell I have more energy than I did before surgery.

You are not a baby for wanting people to be there with you. I am glad my hubbers was up there with me. He was very helpful. I just wish I could of had my fur baby with me when I stayed in the hospital.

It is normal to be scared and nervous. This is major surgery. The one thing that got me through was knowing that the bleeding was going to stop. Now it just feels weird not bleeding all the time. LOL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register