Surgery this Monday - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery this Monday Surgery this Monday

Unread 07-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Surgery this Monday

Mine is tomorrow also! I was doing ok until my doctor called me Friday afternoon and told me my potassium level is too low. She called in a prescription for me late Friiday afternoon and told me I need my blood drawn Monday morning before I can have the surgery. I have had to wait 2 months to have this surgery and really don't want to wait any longer. Arrggghh!

Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2005, 06:50 AM
Surgery this Monday

Monday-- there is alot of us! I will definatly post pre-op. I will be thinking of all of you too.

Bernadette- the iv is my concern too and I know thats silly. I just get kinda weak when it comes to needles.

Take care everyone and enjoy your day!
Unread 07-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Surgery this Monday

Hi, all...everything I am reading is exactly how I felt, for SURE!!...going nutso, cleaning, the "what ifs", the self-pep-talks, the waiting, waiting, waiting...thought I would go "quite mad'!! :-) But as everyone says, the waiting was much worse than the actual castle day...once you get to the castle, everyone so professionally and very kindly takes care of you and a step at a time, it is over...I am 11 days post - op from a TAH-BSO (with HRT) and so far, so good...gentle hugs and warm thoughts for a peaceful sleep tonight and then on your way tomorrow...we ALL are holding you in a circle hug!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Surgery this Monday

I am a tuesday princess and starting to get anxious. For me - its the concept of getting my stomach sliced open. I guess I have the primal instincts to "protect my parts". I feel so lucky that my Mom is coming out to help. She's "been there, done that", so I have her wisdom to help.
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Surgery this Monday

Hi Mona,

I just spent 10 days in Overland park at the end of June. I love it there! Anyway to everybody else, my sx is July 29 and I too am a basket case. Having ovaries removed also along with everything else. I dont want to gain weight, I dont want to get over the top emotional, I want to keep my libido and I want more energy. Is that asking too much? LOL I am always tired, always!!!! And I am tired of being tired. Somebody please tell me that I will have a new found energy!!!!!

Terrified,

Lori
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Surgery this Monday

Oh yeah, the cleaning!!!!! What's up with that? I guess I would rather crawl under a rock than to have a post-op visitor come to the house and see dust!!!! LOL I must be nuts

Lori
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Surgery this Monday

For me...the cleaning is "getting the nest ready". You rest better when you look around and see things neat and orderly
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Surgery this Monday

The cleaning has really helped to use up the nervous energy. I even gave my two beagles a bath.
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Surgery this Monday

Suze...they numbed my arm before they put the I.V. in..2 nurses came in to do it, and one nurse talked to me to distract me from thinking about what the other one was doing, which I thought was nice..
I'm 3 weeks post op almost....and all I want to do is clean, so yes, I have more energy, I just have to remember not to overdo it and hurt myself. So I do a little bit at a time, I feel bad for DH having to do it all, and work, while I lay on the couch.
My libdo is fine too, because DH looks real good, so far so good on that one, i'm going to be kinda scared when i'm able, it's going to be like losing virginity all over again..lol.
I think you guys will be fine, just remember "go slow", if you feel tired, rest, if anyone comes to your house and they're worried about it being "dirty or dusty" then they can clean it.
Take care of yourselves first before you worry about your house!!

Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 07-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I love all of your guys

I want to say THANKYOU for all of the awesome support I have received from you wonderful ladies. It really means alot to me. I will be thinking about all of my fellow sisters in waiting. I know that we will all be ok. The Lord is watching over us all......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register