Pelvic Congestion Syndrome - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pelvic Congestion Syndrome Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

Unread 10-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Re: Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

Did you have your ovaries removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2009, 07:03 PM

I am a newbie here and by no means a doctor, but after 2 and a half years of horrifying pelvic pain after a partial hysterectomy (ovaries still intact) i have convinced my new gyno to go in laproscopically and find out what the heck is going on. my suggestion to all you ladies who think a hysto will cure your aching ailments please get a 2 or even 3rd opinion. i too am pretty sure that i have pelvic congestion and adhesions. hopefully they have not wrapped around some major parts in there. i was told by one doctor that even though you don't have a uterus the varicose veins that are still left that led to the ovaries can be affected by pelvic congestion which i think is my problem. sitting all day at my job is horrible, and when i stand i feel like my innards are going to fall out. i had to have hysto cuz of a prolapsed uterus. but as i stated above get a second opinion. the thought of never having a period again 2 years ago was so appealing now i would give anything to have a period and a normal life again.....
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM

I don't know if this helps any of you, but I have been on lupron to throw me into a medical menopause for the past few months and have not experienced any vulvar swelling/throbbing. I am scheduled to get my ovaries out in a month. My newest dr(#13 or 14 I think) says my pelvic pain is more than likely endo, but there is no way to get a definite diagnosis until she goes in. This will be my 3rd and hopefully final surgery to stop the pain. So if I can give a glimpse of hope, hang in there. Keep pushing, asking, and find a dr who will seek answers with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjac View Post
Fallen Star,
I have found that the only way to relieve the pain besides pain meds is to lay flat and elevate your feet for long periods of time. With kids I've found that's very difficult. I lay down, prop my feet up with a bunch of pillows and a few minutes later they need me for something.
I just had my third embolization, I found a great doctor in central/northern CA. I had a hysterectomy in 8/08 and it did not help my PCS whatsoever. If you need the name of my new doctor (an interventional radiologist) please PM me, as many OBGYNs know nothing about PCS or how to treat it.
Hi SkinDeep,

May I ask if having multiple embolizations has helped you? I have had one and it helped for almost a year and now the pain is back. I have severe pain in the vulva 24/7. I just had a hysterectomy three weeks ago but not for the PCS but for adenomyosis and constant cramping and bleeding. The docs were shocked by all the coils in my belly and took many pics to show them to other surgeons as they had never seen anything like it. My OB is not very familiar with PCS and doesn't think I shoud have another. He is concerned about the risk of a coil disloging and causing a pulmonary embolus as they appear so superficial. I have seen the pics and they really do look like they are barely hanging on. I think it is b/c they are implanted in a large varicose vein but if they do their job the vein shrinks down and then this big coil is just sitting there. Anyway, my IR told me from the start that I would more than likely need more than one. He said I had a severe case and only shut down 70% of the varicosities the first time around.

So... that is my scoop. I would love to hear what made you need so many embolizations and if they worked for you.

Thanks in advance,
rndeneen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register