LSH 6 wks post-op - dt of LSH/BSO 4/23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 wks post-op - dt of LSH/BSO 4/23 6 wks post-op - dt of LSH/BSO 4/23

Unread 06-02-2013, 11:31 PM
6 wks post-op - dt of LSH/BSO 4/23

Hi..
uess I got those initials right..... laproscopic removal of everything except my cervix. I'm one of the lucky ones so far. I'm 60 and havent had much going on except not being as sharp mentally as I was before. It makes me feel anxious to not be on top of my game-but my doctor says be patient with myself and that I'm actually doing great! My tummy experienced no discomfort during her papitations & vaginal exam. So I right away asked " so sex is back on the agenda???" She said sure! and we sure did! Took it easy and had noooo problems. Yay! Have to return back to work at exactly 6 wks....but my husband & I flew from VA to a mtg in Anaheim CA at the start of wk 5. He did all of the luggage lifts and it went well. I'd ordered one of the support bands for my belly to protect myself during this crazy adventure. I sat thru full days of meetings and even went to see Mickey Mouse in Disneyland! It was our anniverary wk and neither of had ever been--it was great. We only spent abt 5 hrs and toured 1 park. But Sisters... I', proud to report --I hung in there just fine. Upon return to the hotel..took 2 tylenol & passed out!! We're back in VA & my 1st day bk to work is 6/3 ( and I'm terrified...hope I can handle it) I'll let you know how it turns out. Physically I sound like a superwoman...it's the mental stuff I fear.
Best wishes to all...SistaP60+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Re: 6 wks post-op - dt of LSH/BSO 4/23

I am glad you had some fun while in Ca. Sounds like your doing great!! I go for my 6 week check up Wednesday! I am hoping to hear that I am all healed and don't have to see my Dr. for a year. I told him that 2 weeks ago when I went for a UTI. Good Luck at work today!!!
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Re: 6 wks post-op - dt of LSH/BSO 4/23

Hi Cheri!
I made it thru a full week of work (a little late several mornings-- but I'm salaried and they get more than enough after hr time from me.) LOL I'm secretly overwhelmed just trying to get back to the tasks. Our email system had been revamped while I was away & I got booted out, lost my msgs, locked myself out & couldnt change the password, found out my Short Term Disability was denied because I'd failed to give them all of the details of my operation & med. visits-- then my paycheck was cancelled which was due Thurs, So much for that Disneyland smile I was wearing upon return from my sneak-a-way trip to Cali! I almost had a meltdown right at my desk-- I had to go sit in my car to collect myself. lol I suspected the mental/emotional triggers wd be my downfall. The crap that happened isn't even the normal stress of my job...so I'm trying not to have an anxiety attack yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register