TLH Few questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Few questions Few questions

Unread 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Few questions

I am 2 weeks post op as of today. I have a few questions.

1. I started bleeding about 5 days after surgery and seems to not be getting better. It appears to be like old blood not red blood. I can wear the thin pads don't need the heavy one.

2. I been feeling very emotional lately. I just want to cry and everything seems to bother me. I think I am maybe taking things the wrong way.

3. When can you start doing light house work like sweeping and maybe doing wash (not carrying the basket).

4. When has people gone back to work? I have a desk job tried to work from home a bit last week which I was only 6-7 days post op felt like it was to much for me with my laptop. I have my jerk of a boss calling me telling me that I need to get back to work ASAP and that his sister had this done along with other things (she has cancer) and she was able to be moving around and doing things and me sitting not doing anything isnt good for me. - never said I was but I have tried to walk and it seems as if the my bleeding get worse. I tried to remind him that my recover is 2-4 weeks and it has only been 2 weeks today. Sorry I am the only one that can do my job besides his wife but not my problem I guess that means she has alot to do while I am off.

5. I feel very frustrated.

Not sure if anyone can give me so advise but would love to hear how other people felt cause I am not sure if some of this is normal. I do go see my doc for my post op check up tomorrow

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Re: Few questions

Hey YJChick!

Some bleeding is normal as long as its not bright red or clotting and as long as your not going thru a pad an hour. As far as light work around the house all I have to say is be careful - it's usually not until after you've overdone it that you realize it and may cause you to start bleeding more and your swelly belly may be more tender too. And like me find yourself back on 'rest' to recover. So if you can put it off then dont do it! I'm almost at 3wks and Im still pretty limited or else I start to bleed again or I pay for it with lower belly and back aches.

Dont let you boss or anyone else tell you how you should be feeling. Everyone heals differently and at their own pace. I thought for sure I would be doing alot more by now however I'm still at a snails pace compared to others. And it is frustrating. I'm supposed to return to work part time next week however I still cant even drive my stick shift without major pain or bleeding afterwards - so I'm not sure how thats going to work out. I have a drs appt. next week before I'm due to return to work and if I'm still not feeling up to par or able to drive myself then I'm going to ask her for the full 6wks rather then wear myself out if I dont have to.
Unread 09-27-2011, 12:55 PM

HellKat
Thanks for the response so we are about the same in weeks then. So at least I know I am not the only one feeling this way. Really ticked me off about my boss. The last time I checked he didn't have an MD at the end of his name. I so wanted to tell him where to go. Thank you so much for your help. I hope you start to feel better soon and you can try to start doing more normal things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 03:29 PM

YJChick, I'm close to where you are and I'm feeling a lot of the same things. I have no advise for you except to rest and be patient with your body and yourself and those trying to help you. Recovery going to be a while, but it won't be forever. Hugs!
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:03 PM

sarahkw- thanks i know its going to take time but I will get there.

I went to doc today and he stated that I did have cancer in the uterus and endomiosis as well. My cervix is good no cancer there. he stated I didnt need to go thru any treatment cause they got everything. He stated my uterus was just mush.
As far as going to work my doc was honkerblonked about my boss and what was said to me. He said I CANNOT go back to work it has only been 2 weeks. He also stated that he is not releasing me for 6 weeks. So shame on him for I guess ticking the doctor off LOL. I my recovery is for that time but be stated he didnt want me to even work from home that I need to rest and if he has any issues to call him.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register