My vaginal cuff stitches seperated!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My vaginal cuff stitches seperated!!! My vaginal cuff stitches seperated!!!

Unread 12-04-2008, 08:13 AM
My vaginal cuff stitches seperated!!!

I waited the six weeks to have sex and after the first try my vaginal cuff stitches seperated!! Very painful, I passed out and was admitted for surgery that night. I lost a lot of blood quickly. My doctor said he had never had this happen before and I am curious if I am in deed the only one. Dr. said because I was on top during intercourse that the positioning and my weight (all 103 lbs of me) could have caused the damage. After a very upsetting 3days in the hospital and lots of crying, I am right back at waiting to heal again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 08:21 AM

I'm so sorry you've had this trouble. It sounds absolutely terrible. I'm at six weeks and my check up isn't until I'm at 7 weeks. After reading your story, I'm definitely going to wait until after I see my doctor to have sex. But I wonder if they give you the okay to proceed, if this could happen anyway? I'm hoping that there are other sisters out there that could give us more insight into this issue. In the meantime, take care of yourself. This too will pass. Just give yourself time, hugs, super-duper care. You are in my prayers

Sandy.
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:21 AM

OMG!!!!!! Are you ok now? My heart goes out to you for so many reasons!
How's your partner doing? Healing Energies going out to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 08:30 AM

I am physically okay (I think), but an emotional wreck. Dr. did the reattachment vaginally and kept me one more day because my blood level went from 38 to 27. Not sure what that means, but it was enough to keep me there. My boyfriend is more than sorry and waiting on me hand and foot. But the set back is almost too much. I am trying to eat and drink as much as I can and taking the huge amount of antibiotics Dr. gave me. I will see him next week for an exam and get more answers. I really want to know why and how this happened to me. Did he stitch me up wrong or did the procedure fail to begin with????
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Oh Candace, so sorry to hear. During my pre-op consult with DH there, my doc warned me....she had a 5 weeker that had sex before her 6 week appt. and the same thing happened...she went from ER to OR. I went for my 6 week and she could still see all of my stitches, slow healing is common in there. She put me on Estrace cream to help the healing. Enough about me, but yes, this can happen. That cuff just seems to be a tough healer. I am on hold from sex, baths, until I see my doc in 2 more weeks. The docs, like mine did, all really need to stress that nothing should be done until the go-ahead at 6-8 weeks is given. Had you had a 6 week appt?
In any case..I wish you a speedy (within reason)recovery.
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:47 AM

I'm glad that you are drinking lots of water. That always helps with the healing process. Again, please give yourself time to heal. It is quite unfortunate that this happened to you, but it's not your fault, or your boyfriends, although it sounds like he is being very supportive. Make a list of questions for your doctor and bring it with you to your next appointment. That way, you won't forget to ask the important ones that are plaguing you right now. Even writing things down helps to ease a troubled mind.

Sandy
LATVH/BSO
October 20, 2008
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:56 AM

I did have a 4 week Dr. visit. But he did not do an exam. At the time I had a staff infection on my leg that he was more concerned about (yes, surgery for that too). I was not scheduled for a six week visit by the Dr. so I assumed everything would be fine if I waited the six weeks before trying. Now I know, don't assume anything!!!! I really think he sould have done an exam at the four week visit. Not sure why it was not done. I put so much trust in his hands. It scares me. I really would love for him to call and check on me now, but guess that is asking too much.
Unread 12-04-2008, 10:50 AM

As I have posted before, I was not fully healed at my 6 week check up and was told to wait two more weeks....I was so glad I did! I just don't understand these DR's who don't even do an internal?? How can they possibly release you if they don't even check?? As we all well know from this site, everyone heals at a different rate, and just because one person is healed at 6 weeks, another can easily take 8?
I just hate to read these horror stories that could have been avoided if they had just been given the attention from the DR they deserve!

TVH RSO
SEPT 24(had to wait 8 weeks and had no probelm!)
Unread 12-04-2008, 12:02 PM

I also cannot believe he didn't check your incision!! That is part of the routine post-op check. I must say, the more I read some posts on this forum, the more impressed with my own doc I become.
Give him the 'hairy eyeball' for me and in the mean time, don't be hard on yourself sister. You did exactly what anyone would do without further instruction not to.
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:52 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard of this happening, but it is my greatest fear! My libido is back full force, but I am terrified of pain the first time. My next check-up is at 5 weeks, I wonder if I should change it to 6 weeks or just hope that all looks good at the 5?

I hope you are feeling better now and I am sorry that you are now back to the waiting stage!

Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register