Gas - waiting to exhale (the flip side) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gas - waiting to exhale (the flip side) Gas - waiting to exhale (the flip side)

Unread 10-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Gas - waiting to exhale (the flip side)

Hi - I'm 4 months post op and I know I can't be the only sister with the "not-able-to-fart-without-working-at-it" issue.

That just sounds wrong, but it's true. I find, now, that when I have gas (not that it's exceptionally painful for me, but I do feel the pressure), I have to sit on the pot (because I'm never absolutely sure that it's JUST gas) and work to get it out (all the while trying not to strain).

Wasn't like this before the surgery. I was able to slide one out when the urge struck.

As a result of this, I think, I've noticed that (recently) I had a tummy-virus and was suffering from loose-stool for at least a day or so. It made my lower abdomen below my belly button really sore. I mean sore like 2 weeks after surgery sore. It's beginning to ease up, but I just needed to know I'm not alone here - that passing gas has become a "task" for me (like I should pencil it in on my to-do list) and that the soreness from going to bathroom so much lately is kind of normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2005, 11:05 AM

Hugs! Have you talked to your doctor about this to see what they say about it?

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:22 AM

No, I haven't checked with my doc yet, because it's not really a "problem" problem. It's more of a change in operations. The soreness, I think, is due to things still healing and the way a stomach virus kind of mucks up your intestines for a day or so.

Trust me, though. I've learned my lesson. If the gas-passing does get to a point where it concerns me greatly or the soreness doesn't fade after 3 or 4 days, I'll be ringing his phone and sitting in the waiting room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2005, 11:25 AM

I would talk to your Dr. about the passing of gas. Now for the lower abdomen pain, I get that when I am full of it and need to pass gas. If I don't pass the gas and it just builds then my lower abdomen and pelvic floor hurts for a day or two as like post op days of surgery. My Dr. hasn't been able to answer that one for me, says I am just hypersensitive, lol! Thank God this doesn't happen to frequently to me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register