dVH/RALH Sooooooo, now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sooooooo, now what? Sooooooo, now what?

Unread 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Sooooooo, now what?

I had a rough 4 days post op dealing with a partially collapsed right lung, but Grandma's prayers worked some miracle and I'm okay now.

I am 9 days post op, the surgeon was happy with my progress but did state he did a lot of work and prefer I take the entire 6 weeks off.

I'll get to the point....I'm taking everything day by day and so far other than my crazy looking belly button (funky incision site) I am urinating, defecating and flatulating (is that a word?) with no problems?

I'm kind of thinking this is too good to be true and was wondering if/when folks fall into the post surgical menopause when does this occur?

I'm thinking I may be somewhat immune to this phenomena due to the fact I am already on psych medications for generalized anxiety disorder so mood swings may not be an issue and I had already experienced night sweats and hot flashes due to PCOS.

What do you ladies with experience think? Am I out of the woods or should I stay on high alert?

OMG! My post op pathology was SCARY, it reinforced we made the correct decision going with a total hysterectomy, I had a TON of adhesions, and pathology also showed a severe case of adenomyosis (i didn't even know what that WAS) and no one suspected it pre-op so it all made since on top of the one large hemmorhagic cyst on right ovary I had a lot of smaller clear fluid cysts of a decent size so my ovaries were covered with them and it basically looked like a bunch of grapes surrounding BOTH ovaries. No pre-cancerous growths, thank GOODNESS.

...and that's all I've got to say right about now...other than if anyone else had a funky looking belly button incision did it look normal after the swelling went down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Re: Sooooooo, now what?

I am 4 days post op and with the steri strips and old blood , it still looks scary. Not having much swelling today but did yesterday. You will probably feel so much better after everything you had taken out!
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:39 PM

hi,
I had my TLH and BSO at 41yrs of age and I'm on estrogen. I too have PCOS.
Some psych meds can alleviate symptoms like hot flushes. In fact low dose anti depressants are used by women who cant do HRT to help with flushes.
Keep a look out for other symptoms although because of your meds you may feel fine.
The big issue (and this just my opinion) is the fact that you're under 40yrs old so no estrogen can really impact on your bone, cardiac and sexual health. It's important to have a discussion with your doctors how to manage the no estrogen thing.
Also as an FYI, I was told that I should never take testosterone as a PCOS lady.
Rest up and don't forget to take it easy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:00 AM

Thanks Ladies. I cannot take hormones of any type due to clotting issues. My doctor advised my main concern at 36 would be to ensure I have adequate vitamins D & C. I began drinking milk again and began taking a prenatal vitamin prior to surgery and continue to do so. I just feel so much better even with post op discomfort now than I did pre-op. I can walk up and down my stairs whereas I was crawling up them pre-op. I really need to find some guidelines so I don't "overdo it". I feel odd doing so little when I already feel so much better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register