Surgery ahead | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery ahead Surgery ahead

Unread 07-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Surgery ahead

I need an ear right now... I have my hysterectomy comming up this Tuesday, But just found out that Grand Father just passed away... His funeral is on the Wednesday.... I don't know what to do!!!! I feel really bad as I can't post pone my op, bue to the fact that I'm going to a public hospital cause that is my only option... I just feel terrible... I feel so lost.... Really don't know how to cope with this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Surgery ahead

Thoughts and Prayers for your family. I hope your family will understand that you need to have this operation. Is there something you could do after your recovery to celebrate your Grandfathers life?
Good Luck with your surgery.
Unread 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Surgery ahead

They don't wont me to call off my op as they know how much I need it... Just really hard know that I can't go... I wont even know where he is laid to rest.... Just not having a good day... Soo very sorry..... Just really sad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Surgery ahead

Hi Gqtroll,

I have lost several family members in the last few years..so I send my deepest sympathy to you.

Your Grandfather would totally understand your need to go ahead with your hyst. In my opinion, funerals are for the living and the ones left behind...so your Grandfather will be looking down and guiding you on Tues. So don't you worry. Your Grandfather would want you to make the best decision for yourself..and keep your surgery date and get your health back....instead of attending his funeral and continuing to be in pain.

Sending best wishes and a big

Mary
Unread 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Surgery ahead

Oh my dear, I KNOW how you feel. It's so sad. My own dear grandfather passed away two days before my gallbladder surgery. His service was the morning of my gallbladder surgery and I was not able to travel to another state to attend. I remember thinking of him just as I went into surgery, and it actually gave me great comfort.

My dear, he would want you to have this surgery and get your health back, don't you think? God bless you.

(((( hugs ))))
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Surgery ahead

Hi Gqtroll,

P.S. I might suggest lighting a candle and gathering a few family members and friends around in a circle...and everyone saying a few words about your Grandfather. It might help you to have a mini-funeral with a few people. We did this recently for my ex-husband and it was very loving and it helped me.

Best wishes again~

Mary
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Surgery ahead

Thanks Ladies, Just a really sad day,I'm not copeing at the moment, Can't see through my tears so sorry for spelling... This is really stressing me out.... Thanks for your kind thoughts And prayers....
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Surgery ahead

Oh sweet gqtroll ... I am so sorry for your loss ... it must be so hard and I so understand when you say you can't see the screen for the tears. It is a very emotional time for you with your surgery, the loss of your grandfather and the guilt you are feeling.

Would it be possible to write something and have somebody read it on your behalf at his funeral. That way you may not be there in body but your thoughts would be there. As historylady so beautifully stated ... he would want you to look after you and he will be watching over you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you my love!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Surgery ahead

First, let me say, I'm sorry for your family lost. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I truly understand how you feel. Years ago, my grandfather's funeral was on the same day of my friends wedding and I was a bridesmaid. Because I was not able to make the funeral, I went to the funeral home to say my good-byes and visited with family the next day. Maybe this is something you can do the day before your surgery. I'm sure your family has known about your surgery before your grandfather's passing and they will completely understand the reason why you are not able to attend.
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Surgery ahead

hi gqtroll my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.i do understand loss.we lost my husband grandmother while he was in iraq last yr.we have our grandfather in florida with hospice care but he is at his home with lung cancer and going down fast we just don't know day to day so i do understand.just remember the song if you know it,it is a country song (holes in the floor of heaven) i think that is the name of it.he is looking down upon you and will be with you always. xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register