TAH- 8 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH- 8 days post op TAH- 8 days post op

Unread 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
TAH- 8 days post op

Hell week is over!! I'm so grateful it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. It wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination and I know I still have much healing to do. But the first terrible week is over.

My head space is pretty good, I had a bit of a breakdown wed night because no one could hear me calling for help out of the tub after my shower--our tub is very very deep-- I felt like a helpless child and just lost it. I'm not good at depending on people, it just doesn't work for me.

I feel like I'm going to be ovulating and I'm celebrating that. I know my ovaries could still get lazy, but staying true to my cycle makes me hopeful.

I feel pangs and tings inside like someone is flicking my insides and it's bizarre. I imagine that things are waking up

My bladder is still very sensitive to being full and spasms every time if I hold it too long

I have incredible dreams. They are vivid and fun I don't normally remember dreams but glad I get some entertainment out of this ordeal.

I feel like I am getting the sniffles so have upped my vitamins and hoping that whatever is trying to make me sick loses the battle.

I am BORED. I guess this is a good sign. I'm feeling pretty good on the whole and like I said I don't like sitting back not doing anything and that's tough for me. Now that I am feeling better I can't nap either which isn't helpful when you just want time to speed up.

All in all so far so good still. I am truly grateful for that and hoping it stays that way..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Re: TAH- 8 days post op

Congratulations! Things will get better each, be prepared you may have some setbacks but it is all a part of healing.

I feel you on the not sleeping I couldnt take a nap after the first week as well which was a bummer as I wanted to nap but couldn't

I found reading to be a big help, mini walks helped to keep me mobile, maybe writing a journal will help? I wish I should have done that lol

It is so nice to have it over isnt it
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Re: TAH- 8 days post op

Congratulations! I really tried to take good care of myself throughout, and this board has helped so much in reassuring me that my recovery is normal.

I felt my first couple of weeks were amazingly smooth and easy. A couple of people suggested I not over-do, and I really didn't... but week 3 and 4 still surprised me in that I tired more easily and had some digestive issues while everything inside was adjusting to the new scenario.

I hope every week continues to feel right for you. Definitely check here if you are concerned or just curious about some new development; recovery is NOT a straight line and there are little surprises along the way such as menopausal symptoms, ebbs and flows of energy, strange sensations that come and go in all kinds of places.

Best wishes and keep posting your progress!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register