Car Rides | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Car Rides

I had my TAH-BSO on 9/1. I was released from the hospital on 9/3. My ride home from the hospital was very short. It didn't bother me at all. Maybe because I was on Morphine and Percocet?

Anyway, I've been doing great. I can walk a mile as long as I take it slow and don't do any uphill/downhill. This is a big deal for me because I used to run 2.5 miles every morning and walk 3-6 every evening. I nap when I get home. I'm not lifting anything, pushing or pulling anything and following the doctor's orders. I'm not trying to be a super woman with all this walking, it just makes me feel good.

So, I had my 2 week post-op and the car ride was 30 minutes. It was terrible. When I got there, I felt like I had gone horseback riding. I told my doctor this and he told me I was fine, everything looked great and I should just go home and rest. The ride home was terrible. When I got home I felt like my insides were put in a blender. I took a Percocet and went to bed. I didn't do my evening walk at all. I slept nearly 18 hours.

Has anyone else had issues like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Re: Car Rides

The car rides for me were ROUGH! I don't really remember the ride home from the hospital but I sure do remember the one the doc the following week..LOL..I felt like I had rode in to town under the front tires..:-) It got better as the times passed! I am 4 weeks post op and now the rides are fine..My advice is to take some Advil or Ibuprofen before you leave , wear stretch pants and buckle a small pillow between your stomach and your tummy..Hugs and feel better..:-)
Unread 09-16-2010, 06:16 AM

For the first week I didnt go out in the car and the second I took a pillow to lay across my lap under the seatbelt. It helps if the driver is considerate too. My husband keeps his speed low and tries to avoid as many bumps as possible. Its inevitable that you bounce about a bit but i will get easier and easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2010, 07:29 AM

The car rides aren't to bad for me. However yesterday I went grocery shopping and that was awful! By the time I got home it hurt to walk and I took 2 percocet and after hubby and I cooked dinner I did nothing the rest of the night!
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:22 AM

YES!!!!! Welcome to recovery! It DOES GET BETTER...but it is slow, slow, slow. At first I thought it was the stress of traveling on the interstate but after 3 trips to the Doc's office in all types of traffic I have decided that the biggest factor for me is the emotional trip. This journey has been emotionally exhausting for me! I am 14 weeks post-op...it does really and truly get better.

Happy healing...C
Unread 09-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Car rides bothered me alot at first, I'm 5 weeks post op and I still don't like them but it's getting better. I found it helps to wear some support panties like they sell on this website and the pillow thing is good too. I also felt like the pushing and puling on the car doors was hard and just getting in and out of our high SUV was tough. Rest rest rest like you mean it afterwards!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register