Fatigue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Fatigue

Do you fibroid sisters have good and bad days (even on non-bleeding days)?

Yesterday was such a bad day for me. I got a good night's sleep, wasn't bleeding, had a quick 30 minute Curves workout in the AM, and all I wanted to do was sleep and eat. I had the munchies all day.

I couldn't keep my mind on anything all day, just would look at the pile of work on my desk and then look at the monitor. I just couldn't seem to concentrate or motivate myself to start anything.

Today I was feeling fine and then all of a sudden it was like I hit a brick wall about two hours after lunch. I am eating low carb so I know it is not a blood sugar issue.

Usually the low carb diet and the workouts make me feel more energized, but I just feel blah.

I wonder if the prednisone I took last month for bronchitis might have something to do with this? I suspect the prednisone makes the fibroid grow because of the effect it has on estrogen production.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Fatigue

Hi,

I don't know about prednisone but did you have blood tests to know if you are anemic? With fibroids you might be bleeding a lot and anemia sure brings fatigue and lack of concentration.

That's how it started for me. It would hit me after lunch too, even with a good night sleep, then progressively it went to being tired all day long...

If that's the case iron pills will help.

Take care,

Annie
Unread 03-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Fatigue

I had been anemic before, when I was first diagnosed in August 2003. I spent October 2003 through November 2004 taking an FDA test drug called Asoprisnil to shrink the fibroids. It was working wonderfully and it was the best I had felt in at least 3 years.

When I had a 6 month ultrasound for the FDA, the tumor had shrunken from 11cm x 11 cm to 9.5cm x 10cm and my bleeding had stopped completely. A few months later, I got tendonitis in my foot and ankle and was gong for cortisone shots (cortisone, prednisone, dexamethasone, kenalog are all pretty much the same thing) every couple of weeks with a podiatrist. During this time I started bleeding again. When I went back for a 12 month ultrasound, the tumor was back up to its original size and I was told it was because of the prednisone. Apparently it was on a list of "forbidden" drugs that I was not provided with. I got yanked off of the study after a couple of months of my doctor arguing with TAP Pharmaceuticals (the makers of Asoprisnil) to try to keep me on the study.

I was taking the Rexall Gentle Iron (the Dr. had me on Feosol which made me naseous 24/7) but stopped a few months ago. My last checkup in December showed good Iron levels.

It must be my iron. I did resume taking the Gentle Iron last week though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Fatigue

Since things were going weel before that's really too bad you weren't told about this "fordidden drug"...

I think you are right in take your iron again. You only have one month to go before surgery so hang in there and don't hesitate to call you DR if you feel worse: it's better to go into surgery as "healthy" as possible.

Good luck,

Annie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register