One Last Hurrah! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Last Hurrah! One Last Hurrah!

Unread 01-25-2007, 06:08 PM
One Last Hurrah!

2 days before my Jan.5 total hysterectomy my period started with a vengeance! It was like "one last hurrah" to confirm another reason I should go through with the surgery! At 48 years old I'm struggling with hemmoraging and severe cramps, and I thought I was too old for this teenager kind of stuff! Enough already! My Dr. found several reasons for the crazy bleeding. My ultrasound found fibroids, ovarian cysts on each ovary,and polyps in the uterus. The most amazing thing we found after the surgery was the size my uterus was! A normal one should weigh aprox. 70 grams, mine weighed in at 210 grams! Nearly 3 times the size??? I feel so much better, except the lack of the uterine muscle that was behind my fat no longer supports it and now this "roll" is free-hanging! When can I do crunches?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
One Last Hurrah!

Not for quite a while... gentle stretching at this stage... maybe some light weight work (5 lb) - if you belong to a gym set an appointment with a certified trainer (check with doc first)

Pilates was painful for the first few sessions at 4 months (really works the abs though)
Unread 01-25-2007, 07:14 PM
One Last Hurrah!

My "Aunt Flo" showed up right before surgery too! I actually had far less bleeding post-op than the morning I went in. I think it was God's little present to remind me this would be worth it. Can't say I miss her a bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
One Last Hurrah!

I went to my gym to talk about my membership (I had to give up working out since October because of so much pain) The gym is going to credit me for 6 months. They also told me they will not allow me to work out without a doctors note clearing me. I have the WII game system and tried to do the bowling and I started to hurt. No exercise for me until the doctor says it's ok

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register