ER visit 8 days out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ER visit 8 days out ER visit 8 days out

Unread 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
ER visit 8 days out

Everything was going so well, but then my heart started racing today - just randomly. SO off I went to the ER (doctor office made me) where they gave me every single test they could even think about getting away with billing the insurance for. EKG, Chest X-ray, urine, 5 blood vials, IV liquids, more heart monitoring, you name it. For FOUR stinkin' hours.

In all that time, ironically, not one person looked at my incision or listened to my stomach - which was actually very gassy tonight. Thought that was weird.

Anyway, theory one is that it was because I was dehydrated, and theory two is that is is something else, haha. I will get the 24 hour take home heart harness tomorrow if I can get there in the blizzard.

We were all so bored. My 7 yr old was just stir crazy - plus it was past her bedtime. Poor girl. None of us had eaten supper, either.

BUT, I am glad I got it checked out. Better safe then sorry, right?

Here is to an uneventful recovery to ALL of us, here on out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Re: ER visit 8 days out

Hi

Must have been really scary..could it have possibly been an anxiety attack? Usually the first sign of anxiety is rapid heart beat but glad to hear your heart checked out healthy!
Unread 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM

Def. not an anxiety attack - as all three episodes happened when I was sleeping or nearly asleep. Plus I haven't been anxious in quite awhile. Celexa (antianxiety drug) rocks, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 09:27 PM

Glad all Checked out well. How scary that must've been.
Unread 10-27-2010, 04:14 AM

I started having heart palpatations when I was pregnant with my son. I had tons of tests done and had to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks. There were no heart issues, but we realized that it would always start around that time of the month. So the dr. concluded that it was hormonally related.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM

That is good to know - as my hormones are totally whacked out right now - even with the ovaries intact, the cysts on them burst during surgery, and I think they are in shock still. I have been having really rockin' hot flashes, haha.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM

I went to my doctors today too because I'm a mess. My heart is racing, my blood pressure is up and I'm emotionally drained. It all hit me at once this past weekend and menopause came in with a bang! I made it 5 weeks post op with no symptoms then, everything! Doctor said it is all hormone related. This was my family doc I go see the OBGYN on Friday. I'm not on hormones and really did not want them but I have had enough.

I'm hoping yours is all hormone related too and figures itself out. Hang in there!

Jennifer

TAH/BSO
September 21st
Stage IV Endrometrosis
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:09 PM

Hormones can do that. It could be nothing but I'm glad you got it checked out.
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM

blizzard??????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register