Need more advice! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need more advice! Need more advice!

Unread 02-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Need more advice!

I really love all the advice that the ladies give, I now come to this site every single night just to read the posts. Now once again, this is very new to me, so I don't really know too much about the surgery. I have read that some women have drains, and bandages to change, is this true. I guess it would be a really good idea if maybe some of you ladies can just run me through the whole process, from before the surgery up to the things that you have to do when you get home. I still have not found out from my doctor what type of surgery I am having, but I will found out this week.

One more problem that I am having is the pain, the pain is getting worst every day, I don't know if this is real or is it because I now know that something is wrong. Now I have noticed that the pain is mostly on my whole right side, also the lower, but mostly on the side. I am still trying to work along with the pain. But what puzzles me is that when I am working, I am fine, but as soon as I get home and relax, that's when all hell breaks lose. I wonder if by me working and wearing very high heels are making it worst? I work in a office, so I have to dress mostly in suits and nice dresses, so you know that you have to wear heels with it, and my heels are about 2-2 1/2 inches, sometimes 3 inches. When I come home from work tomorrow I am going to stop at the drug store and get me one of those heat wraps, and pray that it works. I called my doctor today and left a message that if he didn't give me something else for pain, that I was going to reach up inside me and just rip my Uterus out, and then I won't need the surgery! But for some reason, he must have forgotten to return my call, so I have to wait until tomorrow to call back.

What other medications are some of you ladies taking that is stronger than the Vicodin. I noticed that one young lady said that she sometimes takes 2 Vicodin 500, but I use Vicodin 750. I took 2 of them the other night, and I got quite sick from them, it did help the pain, but it made me sick for a while, then I went to sleep. I try to deal with the pain for as long as I can before I think about taking the pills, mostly because I don't want to get addicted to them. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Need more advice!

Hey 2fun,

I cannot answer most of your questions because I do not know too much about endo. However, have you looked at some of the links at the top of the hystersisters page such as hysterectomy info or FAQ. I found a lot of information cruising outside the active threads.

I hope get your pain in grips at least until you have your surgery. I see you do yoga in your profile--do you use the yoga poses and meditation to try to control your pain? Ask your yoga leader if they can make some special recommendations for your case. I think a lot of the basic cause for pain is that your body does not know what is going wrong and it is trying to alert you there is a problem. But you know about the problem now, and you can use the yoga awareness techniques to find and "understand" your pain and visualize that the pain message is received and understood and no longer needed at this time. I do not know if it by seeking awareness of the pain that you help activate your own endorphins or if there is more complicated processes going on, but it seems to have worked for me in several different illnesses. I hope this helps and that some of the women having success also with drugs and other means can give you some answers too, because perhaps you have already tried the yoga and anyways, everything has its limits.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register