A little bummed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little bummed A little bummed

Unread 06-01-2001, 07:50 PM
A little bummed

Hi ladies,

I just returned from 3 days at virginia Beach. I had taken my high school senior class on their sr. trip. I had been looking forward to this trip even though I knew I would have to deal with the chronic pelvic pain but sunday brought a new twist. After a 2 1/2 month reprieve I began bleeding heavy again 2 days before the trip. Of course the cramps intensified with the heavy bleeding. I know this is chlidish, but I am so frustrated because it just doesn't seem fair. The last three days were very hard because I couldn't curl up in my bed and deal with the pain. I had to put on a happy face and pretend nothing was wrong. All I wanted to do was go home where I could deal with the pain and mess privately. Oh God, how I wish this whole mess were over. :'( I refuse to get depressed over this I know that God is holding me up. I am just tired of it all. I talk to the doc on the 5th so I should get things finalized then and get a date for the hyst. Please pray that it is soon, I can't stand much more of this pain.

HUGS & PRAYERS,

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2001, 08:10 PM
A little bummed

Tina,

I'm so sorry that the trip didn't go as well as ANYONE would have loved for it to have gone. Sometimes things happen at the worst of times. You are just a couple of years older than me. I can understand your frustration here as well as a lot of others can. It's not easy to live like that at all. Actually, sometimes I think frustrating is a nice way of putting it!!!

I hope that things start feeling better and the dr. can give you a date pretty quickly. When I finally gave my dr. the go ahead for the surgery, it was on a Thursday and I had surgery the following Tuesday because I told him I wouldn't wait any longer than I had to. We would have done it on Monday but the hospital OR was already booked up. Just talk with your dr about it and hopefully he will be able to speed things up for you.

Good luck to you and keep up posted.
Unread 06-02-2001, 12:23 AM
A little bummed

Hi, Tina!

I understand about having to put on the happy face. I am a very private, modest person and try to cover up my pain at all costs. I don't quite understand it, but I never want to draw attention to myself. I have almost passed out from merely rising to a standing position, and feel I need to just hang on 'til things come into focus again. A bit of the "perfectionist" in us perhaps? Soon we will have all of this behind us. I go in on 6/4. Sometimes I feel that isn't soon enough, other times I feel panicked because it is too near. Hugs to you, Tina. You are in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2001, 01:08 AM
bummer

Dear Tina,
There is nothing like that many pairs of eyes on you when you are feeling rotten as only heavy periods can make you feel. I stopped skiing because it seemed I was always bleeding and couldn't deal with changing tampons and walking out of the stall with bloody hands in front of strangers...sorry to be so graphic. It was just too much!

I know you are counting the days until you see your doctor...keep checking in here while you wait...that sure helped me!

Keep reading, posting and talking everything over with your doctor!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register