I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow) I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow)

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
I want a bath ( 4 weeks post op tomorrow)

Hi,
I was told no baths for 6-8 weeks so I waited the 8 weeks and then got in to the hottest bath I could stand i got to shave and sit there, the problem was getting out My tummy was still sore and it was a bit of a struggle since i had not used the stomach muscles much but I did it and now I am glad to be able to take baths, I am also glad I did wait the recommended time because I did not want to do any thing that might put me back in the hospital and delay my healing process. No remember we all even though we had hysterectomy's had them different ways and with different methods and incisions and so that is why some of us have to wait longer then others to get in a hot bath. I called my doctor and made sure that even the 8 week mark was o.k. for me to bath and they asked me some questions about my incision ( I was cut up the stomach to the left of my belly button about 9') After telling the doctor that I had no redness or warm spots and no openings or severe tenderness he gave me the o.k. Good luck everyone!! Once you get there it does feel great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 04:17 AM

Nobody told me i couldn't take baths. I took one the day i got home from the hospital.
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:33 AM

You need to call you doctor, I was told and had to sign a paper saying I would not take a bath, go swimming or in a hot tub for 6 weeks. I think you can end up getting an infection and some of the muscles depending how you were cut are not ready for work and you could do damage. Of course everyone is different and doctors are all different but most of the people I have talked to were told also not to take baths. I guess as long as you are doing good that is all that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM

My doctor cleared me for sex (decided wasn't up to that just yet), baths and light exercise at my 3 week check up. I don't do bubble baths but it's been WONDERFUL. I never had any bleeding or discharge and my cuff was healed by 3 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register