Scheduled LAVH Very nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very nervous! Very nervous!

Unread 07-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Very nervous!

Going for preop testing today and very nervous! Having lower back pain that is hard to distinguish between back pain and bladder infection. Anyone else have a positive uti test before their surgery? If so, what did they do? Antibiotics or reschedule surgery? It may not be that but of course I am stressing out! Don't want this surgery rescheduled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Re: Very nervous!

I know you don't want to resked, but if they do it is to make you safer during surgery and recovery.

I honestly cannot say whether they would or not, hopefully someone else experienced this.

I'm so, so sorry this is causing you anxiety... take a deep breathe or a dozen deep breathes - you will do great
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:47 AM

I went in for pre-op yesterday. Total dvH scheduled for Monday with ovary removal. I keep second guessing myself wondering if I have truly exhausted all other options. I am so scared. Reading the successful post-op posts on here helps. Even women experiencing a few recovery complications are saying they don't regret the choice. I have a hard time finding a woman who regrets this decision. I know it will give me my life back but then the doubt sets in and I wonder if it will make things worse and if I will be the small percentage of women who do regret it. Bottom line is we have to stop thinking about all the what-ifs, be confident in our decision and trust our surgical team. Plus recovery is short lived whereas without the surgery our pain would continue indefinitely. Still hard not to be nervous though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Very nervous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPusher View Post
I know you don't want to resked, but if they do it is to make you safer during surgery and recovery.

I honestly cannot say whether they would or not, hopefully someone else experienced this.

I'm so, so sorry this is causing you anxiety... take a deep breathe or a dozen deep breathes - you will do great
I went for my pre op today and they told me that if my urine sample comes back as a positive for uti they would give me an antibiotic and everything should be good for the surgery next Friday.

Thank you for the responses. Just nervous about the recovery really. I've had 3 c sections so I'm not afraid of the actual surgery itself.
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:51 PM

I wish for you my recovery experience - or even a better one I have had zero pain since night one (with an IV making pain mgt a breeze).

Listen to your body and doc orders regarding what to do and not do. If you try something and it hurts - stop, readjust and try a different angle - if it still hurts - stop and have someone else do it.

I will admit I was skeptical of the post-oper's saying "of everything I worried about - none of it came true" but my experience - the waiting is the hardest part

Remember you are a woman - you are strong - and you will do great!!!
Unread 07-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Have to agree...the waiting is the worst part. So many what ifs going through your head. You will get through this one day at a time. Recovery too. Paperpusher is right. Rest, relax and let the other stuff go for a while. Follow all your Drs instructions and all should be good.

I didn't have the UTI issue, but from all that I've read, you're far enough out, they will most likely give you antibiotics if you have an infection. Wishing you well and Good Luck with everything!
Unread 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Very nervous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P83 View Post
Have to agree...the waiting is the worst part. So many what ifs going through your head. You will get through this one day at a time. Recovery too. Paperpusher is right. Rest, relax and let the other stuff go for a while. Follow all your Drs instructions and all should be good.

I didn't have the UTI issue, but from all that I've read, you're far enough out, they will most likely give you antibiotics if you have an infection. Wishing you well and Good Luck with everything!
Thank you all so much! It really helps seeing you all say that it went well for you. I will definitely listen to my Dr. Don't want to do anything that I will regret.
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:10 PM

I too have had a fairly easy recovery....pain resolved in a few days with pain meds...still some occasional pain, but nothing that motrin or advil cant take care of. I think the hardest thing for me has been feeling tired so easily. Im one of those "I can do it all" women, so its been hard sitting back and letting others do for me. Im going back to work this monday, but I sit at a desk all day and have plenty of opportunities to get up and walk around when needed.

Good luck on your trip to the other side, it REALLY is better over here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register