Super mortified/ concerned | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Super mortified/ concerned Super mortified/ concerned

Unread 05-23-2017, 03:40 AM
Super mortified/ concerned

I'm 1 1/2 weeks po. Obviously was told nothing in vagina for 6 wks. But I woke up this morning with my hand in my underwear and it was clear i had put my finger in my vagina. Went to the bathroom and there was some blood in my underwear (pinkish, not alot) and I'm having some cramping now.

Side note, I haven't had any bleeding PO til now. That's why I am slightly concerned. Paired with the cramping, I'm curious if I could have opened the cuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Re: Super mortified/ concerned

Sisters have been awakened by orgasms and erotic dreams early in their recovery due to libido surge, so you're not alone there. The increased blood flow could be the cause of your cramping. The spotting is common enough (especially pinkish and the small amount you're experiencing) even without having inserted your finger and even if you'd not spotted before. If you would have torn your cuff, there would be much more bleeding - the emergency type where you're filling a pad.

Still there could be risk of infection this soon post-op which is the concern for you. As embarrassing as it might be, go ahead and call your doctor and share what you did here. Experienced doctors have had patients who didn't wait for intercourse and have likely encountered this, too. The office will know the right questions to ask to see if there should be any follow up at this point. If they suggest just to monitor, you'll have that peace of mind from calling.

Unread 05-23-2017, 08:17 AM

I'm so glad to have found this post this morning. Today is day 8 post op for me and I have been doing and feeling really well since. Last night I had my first orgasm and I was scared after. I managed to put my mind at ease and fell asleep but this morning I definitely feel off. There's not a lot of pain or cramping per say but more discomfort. I feel like maybe I shouldn't have done anything now but those frisky feelings just came over me.
No bleeding just the usual spotting. Does blood flow from an orgasm help the insides recover? I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I hope I didn't set myself back.

Hope you are feeling better, I'm going to rest and do very little today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Re: Super mortified/ concerned

(((SarahM1978))), actually the blood flow from orgasm could hinder healing; also, the spasms could cause damage to the healing areas. It may also depend on the type of surgery and any additional repairs which were done. That's why even outercourse and self-stimulation need to be cleared by your doctor.

You can read more at Intimacy after Hysterectomy | Outercourse - the next-to-last paragraph addresses your particular question.

Unread 05-23-2017, 11:21 AM

Whoopsies. Now I regret last night and feeling worried. I have been laying in bed all morning, not in pain but definitely feeling off and not like I have been even yesterday. but also really tired b/c I didn't sleep well or long enough.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register