HELP ME tomorrow i go to the castle,IM TERRIFIED and cant calm myelf down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP ME tomorrow i go to the castle,IM TERRIFIED and cant calm myelf down HELP ME tomorrow i go to the castle,IM TERRIFIED and cant calm myelf down

Unread 01-25-2006, 07:20 PM
HELP ME tomorrow i go to the castle,IM TERRIFIED and cant calm myelf down

hi all...well,tomorrow morning is it,my turn at the castle..i am so extreamly nervous,i feel like im going to be sick..i get this feeling in my stomache everytime i think about it,i feel like my insides are shaking...i dont wanna be put to sleep,i dont wanna wake up in pain..i actually feel like i could almost have a anxiety attack..i know i need this surgery,and i know my quality of life is going to be sooooo much better...but im terrified to the point i feel like i can hardley breathe...any suggestions on how to calm myself..my grandmother tried to get me to call my doc this afternoon and tell him how scared i am,and see if he would phone in something to calm me,however,i was afraid to call and ask for anything,so i didnt...she also said when we get the castle,they will give me a "happy drug",that wont make me nervous,and will make me basically not care...my husbands family is all driving here OUT OF STATE to be with me for surgery,and that in itself makes me nervous,i love them to death,but there driving a looong way to be here,staying in a hotel tomorrow night,seeing me again on friday,then going home...the reason i am so nervous?because they obviously know how major this surgery is,and it freaks me out even more..i know im being a great big baby,but im absolutly terrified...HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 07:32 PM

I had a d&c 4 years ago and too was nervous...I cna vouch for the happy drug and from exp can tell you that after you get it you wont really care..You will be relaxed...
My LAVH w BSO is on Friday am and I am looking forward to the shot.....Good luck
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:33 PM

ya' know what? you are going to be OK. and in about a month - you will be great! Hang in there - have faith and all will work out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM

I know this sounds hokey but put it in gods hands. take a deep breath hold it and count to ten then slowly let it out, I can say this now but I know come February 26 I wil feel the same way. Try taking a long hot bubble bath and put a candle on . Think about how you wont be in pain after you have healed. Think about the new you try focusing on anything but the surgery. Good luck tomorrow I will keep you and all the princesses in my prayers Have a speedy recovery
Celticd Tell us how you made out when youu come home from the castle. See you on the other side. The healed side.
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM

Soniek

Hang in there sweetie. Time to find something else to occupy your mind for a bit. Take a walk with DH or find something you can do to tune out on the what ifs and why. It is fantanstic that you have such a large support system both at home and coming in to see you. Don't worry about them, focus on yourself, they choose to come out and you are not going to be expected to entertain or take care of them. We all are so programmed to be the perfect hostess that it is hard to take on the role of perfect little princess.

According to many of the wonderful ladies here you can ask for the happy drug to reduce anxiety. For tonight, focus on how well you will feel when all is said an done and all of the things you can do with DH, Grandma and the family.

Thinking and praying for you.
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:38 PM

I go in tomorrow to the castle and i'm holding it together.At times I feel like freaking out but i just think once its all over with how worth it will be well good luck and just think how much better you are going too feel after you heal. Take care cindlf
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:41 PM

I know what you mean. I'm off to the castle in the morning myself and I to am starting to really freak out. I'm not worried about the surgery itself. I'm worried about the epidural(probally spelled wrong). I just found out today that I would be getting one. Not happy about having a big needle put in my back while I'm awake. Also scared something might go wrong, you know what I mean? I keep telling myself that "you know your going to be fine", but then in the back of my mind I keep the question "what if". I'll be thinking of you and hoping and praying we'll both be fine and we won't hurt so bad anymore. See you on the other side. GOOD LUCK and GOD BE WITH YOU AND ALL OF THE REST OF US!
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:42 PM

Dear Soniek, I think the waiting is the hardest part of this. It sounds like you have a very caring and loving support system. It is natural to be nervous about this surgery and any other surgery. Soon you will be through this and feeling so much better. I am sending prayers your way for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.
s
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Take everyone's advice and put it in the Lord's hands. I prayed and prayed and a calm just came over me and I knew. I just knew I was going to be ok. I went to the hospital and once I was in my pre-surgery bed, I felt such comfort and ease from the nurses. They are so calm and helpful. Also, they did give me a little "cocktail" once my iv's were in and I really don't remember much. lol You have yourself all worked up and it's feeding on itself. Take deep breaths and if you pray, do it! It will be so much better for you. And if you don't pray, just listen to us! ;-) My family is kind of like that too. They all ring their hands and stand around, and I just think it's because frankly even 20 years ago it was so much more of an evasive surgery, and they remember "back when" you know, ladies that had babies couldn't even get out of bed until like a week later! I had a TAH and was up in a chair and standing around that night without problems. Take care, you will be fine. Use that positive self talk. I'll be praying for you, and can't wait for you to come on here and let us know how your trip was. (((((HUGS & PRAYERS))))
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:52 PM

Soniek,

I know how you feel. When I have those terrifying panic attacks, I pray and I'm praying for you that you find the peace and the strength you need to get through this. I know that if any of us had any other way to get through this we would gladly take it. But you are a strong woman and you are in good hands, have faith in yourself and in those that love you.

peace be yours tonight!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register