Positive experience with post-op intimacy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positive experience with post-op intimacy Positive experience with post-op intimacy

Unread 03-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Positive experience with post-op intimacy

I have heard many stories about what it will be like after the hyst., most are not favorable, which got me worried. I just want to reafirm those who are going through this procedure that you need to think positive. I certainly had my doubt but I want to reinforce all of you who had, that it is 50% mental. Once I got past the worry and decided that "yes it was going to be better than before" it was.... Yes i still have a swelly belly at the end of a busy day but sex still comes down to what we put into it. IT IS A GREAT GIFT!!!! Remember your man is not looking at your swelly belly, he is looking at you. Enjoy it and it will be enjoyable.... I would love to hear from others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2006, 06:19 PM

raine1965,
I agree with you totally--it IS 50% (if not more) mental! I'm about 3 1/2 weeks post-op from my LSH (dr. gave me go ahead for sex at 10 days) and each time its gotten a little better. I still have a little numbness in the vagina, but its getting less and less. I figure when I hit that 6 week mark, I'll really be feeling the "woo-hoos". I too, was worried about my "romantic life" after the hysterectomy, but I kept telling myself that I would feel so much AND that sex will be even better (even though it was pretty good before). And I've learned that my dh doesn't look/care about a little swelly belly or my scars--he justs wants to love me like a man. Isn't it wonderful that men don't see the body "imperfections" that we notice on ourselves and still want us as before? Thinking positive gives positive results!
Unread 03-18-2006, 06:16 AM

I was told not to have sex until at least 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2006, 07:03 AM

I have been able to achieve orgasm fairly easily with "outercourse". Yesterday was my 6 week mark and we tried intercourse. It was not painful but dh and I decided I felt "roomier", which is weird. I did not achieve an orgasm but think with a little "practice" I can I'll keep trying . . . and I guess doing my Kegel exercises???
Unread 03-18-2006, 08:08 AM

Was given the go ahead at 6 weeks post op, then ironically I ended up sick with the flu, followed by Dh getting the flu, I have not had my first try at post hyster sex yet, but I will let ya in on a secret..
I managed a wonderful O by a little clever experiment about 2 weeks post op, nothig inside, just using a favorite toy, (bzzzzz) I was thrilled to know I still can enjoy an O without a cervix or uterus,, I was so scared it wouldnt happen.
Now I wait for the next step, having intercourse with my Dh. He has gone on a fishing weekend with DS and I am here with my hyster sisters, If this was I am sorry, but sex is a very normal part of being women and it should be cherished, not made to be shamed!
Unread 03-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Sex is better after my hysterectomy!

I was glad to see your posts. I had TAH/BSO on Nov. 16, 2005 and I am so happy to say that sex is even better after my hysterectomy! The sensations, pleasure, feelings have greatly increased! I feel like my doctor installed a new and improved vagina, sorry if this is TMI, but I just had to share this. Also my orgasms are much stronger now than ever!! That has really surprised me also. I was worried that after a hyst. sex would not be same, but I am HAPPY to report that it is BETTER THAN EVER!!!

Wishing you all health in your recovery!!
Unread 03-18-2006, 01:33 PM

LMAO! Virginia Lady (bzzzz) I am 11 days post op and I wonder if the big O is still possible. But I'm to chicken to try yet. I'm afraid I will upset something inside if I start messing with the outside parts. But I can't wait to try soon! My O's have always been totally dependant on the outside parts not the inside stuff so I hope nothing will change for me. Also hope I'm not oversharing but I was watching this movie last night and there was this sexy, sexy man on there and I felt this lightening "zing" in my belly. I was so happy! Apparently my ovaries are working already?
Unread 03-18-2006, 09:53 PM

I can honestly say that sex isn't any different for me or my husband since my surgery! I was a bit concerned about things being the same without a cervix but no difference at all! Orgasm is different but not better or worse than before. What makes it much more fun, is no more bleeding, feeling unclean etc. I feel reborn!
Unread 03-18-2006, 10:15 PM

Tried "outercourse" AWESOME!, I was scared that something would be hurt, but all seems fine, and it was ....NICE
More so like when I was younger
Can't wait for DF to join in!!
LOL! LOL!
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Painfully Purring!!!!

Virginia Lady, you made me hurt myself laughing when I read your post! I literally had to hold my stomach cause it hurt so badly to laugh! Thought I would share my experience from yesterday. Here goes....(If you are offended by TMI, you might not want to read)

I've been reading about everyone's wonderful, and sometimes not so wonderful, "woo-hoo" moments since their hysters, and have been dying to "be in the mood" to try out the new digs! Having been in a lot of pain since my surgery,(pulled ligaments from bladder attachment and incision woes), my libido has kinda taken a back seat. So, yesterday morning, when I suddenly got a twinge, (I've always been a very sexual person and have missed those twinges!!), I grabbed my DH by the hand and said, "Come on, Let's play!" He was more than willing, has been asking if I was needing any attention since I came home!LOL! Anyhoo.....right as I got ready for the "Big O" my right side started hurting like crazy, he asked if I wanted him to stop what he was doing. I said emphatically, "No! I don't care how badly it hurts!" When I finally did reach the "O", I was crying from the pain. I guess maybe I moved my hips??? There was only "outercourse" and my Dr had given me permission to resume that as I felt ready to do so. My DH felt so bad afterward but I smiled through my tears and told him that I was glad to know that it still worked and that it had been worth it! Probably will wait a little while before we try anything else, cause I spent yesterday really hurting and am still sore today. Not down there, just my sides again. But, It did feel sooooooo good and it still works so I'm quite pleased cause I had been wondering! Maybe we'll try another method, (buzzzzzzz) next time! HA!!

Painfully Purring

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register