The bleeding is back! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The bleeding is back! The bleeding is back!

Unread 03-17-2009, 09:04 AM
The bleeding is back!

Well, that didn't take long. I almost made it 1 whole week!
I am beyond frustrated at this point.
I have been doing so well, I was applying the zinc oxide to my cervix, resting, taking it easy all day every day and then on Sunday I started seeing the pink. Then the tissues and clots.. then solid red. UGH! Why won't my cervix heal???
The really crappy part is that my dr. is out of the country for 4 weeks! I called the office yesterday and spoke with the nurse at 10am. She said she was going to talk to the dr. on call for mine, and see what time I should come in.( I guess someone was taking her patients, I don't know why... since there are already 2 other drs. there) Anyway, at 3pm- still no word, so I called back. They said they were still waiting to hear from the dr. and will call me???? Today it is 10am and still no word. I just want to know what I am supposed to do about this. I think my cervix just wants OUT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
The bleeding is back!

Oh im really sorry to hear your having such a rough time with your cervix and bleeding RedHead. In my own opinion i would be phoning the Drs back again and just saying that you cant cope with this and need to be seen as your still bleeding alot and that you want to be contacted within the next few hours.
I really hope you get some restbite soon from it all xx
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
The bleeding is back!

Thanks!
I just called again, and they called me right back. I am so upset. My dr's nurse, that knows what is going on, called me and said that the dr there said I need to stop worrying and there isn't anything they can do about it now. It could still be trying to heal, or it could be hormonal. It will eventually heal on it's own. There isn't any more they can do. I can wait until my dr. gets back and possibly discuss another surgery, or to call in the mean time if the bleeding gets worse- like a period. I was shocked. Usually they want me to come right in and take a look. Now she is telling me that I am basically SOL and on my own until my dr. gets back in another 4 weeks??? She did mention that I could go ahead with seeing a hemotologist if I want, since that was discussed before, but my blood results came back really good. I wonder if I could have a clotting probem?
UGh. This whole thing is so frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
The bleeding is back!

Hi
Sorry to hear the bleeding started again. I was thinking of you earlier and figured no news was good news and then here you are.
When a doctor goes out of town they do need to leave someone on call in their place. If not it would be considered medical malpractice. I'm so so so sorry you are now experiencing the effects of the system. Basically if you are not an emergency, you are put in a holding pattern until your doctor returns. Unfortunately you are now considered chronic. Meaning your condition has not worsened so it can wait.
If I were you I would go to a hematologist. They do different types of tests. I have asymptomatic Von Willebrands Type II. Found out about 13 years ago by accident. My husband and 3 out of 4 children also diagnosed my youngest was not tested just assumed positive. (one day I will bring him in)
We have a dsyfunction of secondary clotting factor, which means that when the primary clot (scab) begins to breakdown the secondary platelets that are suppose to help form the final scab may not stick together. This usually occurs at 10 days I was told. There are medications to take if needed.
The way you stop then start bleeding may be from a clotting dysfunction. Worth looking into. Do you have a good relationship with your GP? If so maybe they would prescribe DDAVP for you. It will decrease your clotting time and maybe help with the healing.
My heart goes out to you. Hang in there, continue being a couch potato and don't give up. I'm afraid if you have the cervix removed you will have the same problem.
Hang in there
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM
The bleeding is back!

Im so glad that they called you straight back this time , but so sorry to hear that they have just kind of put you on hold until your DR gets back. I truly hope that what they have said about the cervix healing on its own happens for you and soon.
I too agree with the above post about seeing the haematologist , it certainly cant hurt to see them. I have a blood clotting disorder called Antiphosholipid syndrome which causes me to have blood clots on the lungs. My surgery was quite high risk because of this and i got complications. It certainly never hurts to get yourself checked out for these things especially if you have a few weeks before your DR gets back.
Dont hesitate to call the nurse back though if your bleeding gets wo rse , dont just sit there and suffer its not fair x
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
The bleeding is back!

I am fascinated and perplexed. Can you please say how you apply anything at all to your cervix? Are you having mini periods Redhead?
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM
The bleeding is back!

Hi Mountainwoman,

I have so many posts about this, I don't know if I should write it all again! LOL
Long story, kinda shorter.... I had LSH on Jan. 6th. Have been basically bleeding from the cervix ever since. I have had the monsel applied atleast 7 times, and finally had the cervix cauterized a month or so ago. Lost track.. It stops temporarily after the monsel is applied, then starts back up again. After the cauterization, she said there were 3 spots that were still trying to heal, and it just keeps bleeding there. So, this last time( last week) she gave me a tube of zinc oxide and told me to either squirt it up there( didn't work) or use a gloved finger to get it in there. It's just as unpleasant as it sounds. I exposed the very tip of a tampon and applied the zinc to the cotton and used that. It was working for almost a week, then I started seeing red again. My dr. wanted to leave the cervix for pelvic support. It has just caused me such frustration. Now, my dr. is out of the country for her FIL's death, and the nurses and dr's left behind aren't willing to do anything for me. They think it is just still trying to heal or it could be hormonal now. HIGHLY DOUBTABLE, considering all that I've been thru. Maybe you can find my old posts about this. There are quite a few!
Unread 03-18-2009, 08:05 AM
The bleeding is back!

Redhead,
I think I've posted on your boards before. I had a TLH on 2/11. Everything fine for first 2 weeks, then starting bleeding terribly and passing LARGE clots. After several days of this, I had Ultrasound which revealed a Hematoma on the internal side of the vaginal cuff (I have no cervix). I went back in the hospital that day to have the hematoma removed and had the cuff stitched back up. It has been two weeks since that surgery, and everything has been fine...no bleeding, just a little spotting. Had check-up yesterday, doctor checked the cuff to make sure it was healing okay. She said it looked good. I came home shortly thereafter to find I was BLEEDING again! I have been bleeding since yesterday. I too am VERY frustrated!! Have now called the doctor again today, but she is in surgery and I'm waiting for her to call back. Just wanted you to know you're not alone here with the bleeding!! Just when things seem like they're getting better, there's another setback!!!
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
The bleeding is back!

HI Shopper415,
How are you doing? Did you hear back from your dr.? I'm sorry you are going through this too. I know your frustrations too. Just when you think you are on the road to recovery, something else happens to slow it back down. I wonder if the bleeding happened from her examining you ? I usually bled a little after each pelvic exam( which happened weekly since my surgery).
Thanks for your support, it does help to know someone else is dealing with this too, not that I would wish this on anyone!!!

Please let me know what your dr. says!
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Me too!

Had the operation on 1/20. Things were going along fine for about a week. Then the pain started. First on the right, then - onmygosh on the right. I could not lift my left leg, bend, sitting or standing was torturous. Went to surgeon - he said it wasn't anything to do with the surgery. Suggested I go to orthopedic surgeon. Did that. That's how much pain I was in. More tests...MRI, blood tests, CAT scans. NOTHING! But there was a swelling on my butt. The pain has finally subsided, but I was taking oxycodone and a lidoderm patch. Sex is very painful. Bleeding afterwards. Not anxious to do that again. Any advice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register