A lot to heal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A lot to heal A lot to heal

Unread 06-22-2013, 08:30 PM
A lot to heal

I am set for a hysterectomy which my cervix will be removed but ovaries retained, a cyctocele, rectocycle repair in a few weeks. The hospital is 2 1/2 hours away and I'm concerned about the drive home for comfort reasons. Tips or suggestions?

Also I am wondering if anyone has / had significant diastasis recti in conjunction with all the prolapse issues? If anyone has/had it repaired did it help with pelvic floor strength and the ability to recruit the pelvic muscles better once the abdominals were put back together?

I know my bladder and rectum prolapse need repair and I'm still on the fence about my uterus being removed as it is a mild prolapse. I still have split abs an wonder if they were fixed if my uterus might have a better chance of staying put if I can engage my Transverse abdominals which connect to my pelvic region?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Re: A lot to heal

Hi there, not sure on the rest of your questions but for the long car ride home...explain to the nurses and or doctor to arrange for them to top off your pain meds or be due for your pain meds either way...right before you head out...this will be a Godsend as you will feel every bump on the way home. Also a small soft pillow for your tummy area...put it between your tummy and the belt...will add pressure that will make your tummy feel more secure, also helps with pain and bumps and the belt will be on but not on the belly itself. Good luck I wish you well...the car ride home isn't fun but will be worth it when you get home to recover where you will be more comfortable. I am 2 weeks out TAH and car rides are still a NO go unless I have a doctors appointment...belly still too tender and the bumps are not nice...Don't go in the car any time you don't have to....bless and hugs to you
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:40 AM
A lot to heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalisa333 View Post
Hi there, not sure on the rest of your questions but for the long car ride home...explain to the nurses and or doctor to arrange for them to top off your pain meds or be due for your pain meds either way...right before you head out...this will be a Godsend as you will feel every bump on the way home. Also a small soft pillow for your tummy area...put it between your tummy and the belt...will add pressure that will make your tummy feel more secure, also helps with pain and bumps and the belt will be on but not on the belly itself. Good luck I wish you well...the car ride home isn't fun but will be worth it when you get home to recover where you will be more comfortable. I am 2 weeks out TAH and car rides are still a NO go unless I have a doctors appointment...belly still too tender and the bumps are not nice...Don't go in the car any time you don't have to....bless and hugs to you
Thanks for the pillow advice. There are so many little things and big things to consider. I hope you have a good recovery period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Re: A lot to heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Pot View Post
Thanks for the pillow advice. There are so many little things and big things to consider. I hope you have a good recovery period.
Thank you and good luck to you, and use soft ice packs on your tummy when you return home, it is really soothing and also stay on top of bowel meds and softners...your body will thank you...your first BM is one of the worst parts of the initial recovery....read read read...everything you need is on this site and post any and all questions you may have no matter how silly or small you may think they are...you will be answered and this site is a Godsend to all of us..I could not have gotten through this without my hystersisters by my side every step of the way. Still in early recovery myself with many complications I might add (I am not one of the lucky one's) but my sisters help me through each and every day...without them I would be totally lost.
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:28 PM
A lot to heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalisa333 View Post
Thank you and good luck to you, and use soft ice packs on your tummy when you return home, it is really soothing and also stay on top of bowel meds and softners...your body will thank you...your first BM is one of the worst parts of the initial recovery....read read read...everything you need is on this site and post any and all questions you may have no matter how silly or small you may think they are...you will be answered and this site is a Godsend to all of us..I could not have gotten through this without my hystersisters by my side every step of the way. Still in early recovery myself with many complications I might add (I am not one of the lucky one's) but my sisters help me through each and every day...without them I would be totally lost.
Yes the site has been a great help so far. It is nice to read so many personal stories and experiences. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
Sorry to hear about your complications. Not exactly what you need after going through such a big surgery to begin with. Happy healing thoughts coming your way

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register