Hyst at age 24, feeling kind of alone, need a friend - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst at age 24, feeling kind of alone, need a friend Hyst at age 24, feeling kind of alone, need a friend

Unread 08-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Hyst at age 24, feeling kind of alone, need a friend

I am so glad you found this site, because It's been a Godsend to me and many, many others. I'm 37, but I know how it feels to have people around you just not understand what we're going though. My mom had it but she barely said a word about it when I told her I was having this done. I go on this site daily because it helps me get through my days with the questions, answers, good days, bad days, and just knowing we all relate and understand. Good luck to you. Tami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2006, 07:59 AM

Hi, Best wishes to you. Its so hard for others to understand having a hysterectomy that have never experienced it. The surgery is physically and mentally emotional at any age, but especially at 24. The sisters here are awesome and the site is amazing. Have you thought about journaling? Its a great way to put your feelings on paper. We are all here for you. Take care! Melanie
Unread 08-23-2006, 11:04 AM

You are defianetly not alone, i was 24 when i had my TAH/both ovaries remove. Im a couple of days shy from turning 26. My husband is very supportive, I was blessed with 3 children before i had my hysterectomy. My family is very supportive, I remember one evening saying to myself WHY ME, and thats when i heard GOD speak and say WHY NOT you. I beleive that GOD does not give us more than we can bear... I woke up one morning and decide i will take control of my body and not let my body take control of me. I feel wonderful now but keep in mind, its been over a year and Im just now feeling like this. I started to walk and excersise and eat half way health. i now believe im on the right hormone level (it took a year to find the right dose for me) sex with husband is unbelievable with (orgasms). I say all of this, to say this. it gets better in due time, But its up to you to make it happen. Girlfriend, you are just a few days out of surgery. Im just now starting to feel my age again and im 1 1/2 years out of surgery. LOL
Unread 08-23-2006, 11:19 AM

I'm 29 and while I'm almost in that 30's bracket I know what you mean.I have plenty of friends ranging all over the board in age but none of them went through the surgery.

This is a lovely site full of wonderful people and loads of information.
While I know its so much more comforting to have a "real" friend ( some one in the flesh) to hang with, remember that the words on this site are from women going through the same thing as you ( more or less) and we care.

It bites having to have the surgery for whatever the age and whatever the reason. We are strong though and we all have each other.

Welcome to the boards hun!

*hugs*

-LBS
Unread 08-23-2006, 12:10 PM

LB2245,

You are not alone...one of the first threads I commented on once I found this site was titled: young and scared. Please search and read this thread or take a look at my early posts (click on my name) and you'll get there.

There is also an early 30's club on the fourms and we talked about making a 30 & under club...I'd do it but I'll be 31 in January.

Some other threads titles to look at would be:

calling all 30-35yr olds on no HRT
25 years old and going to have a hysterectomy
31 and scared
any sisters in their 20's who had/will have hyst?

I think you get the picture. I felt like I had no one my age to talk to until I started posting here. I also found that it was important to get my young DH some information since he was more worried about recovery than I was. Keep posting. We'll be here for you!

-ebeb
LAVH, 30yrs, kept ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register