Major Panic is Setting In... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major Panic is Setting In... Major Panic is Setting In...

Unread 12-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Major Panic is Setting In...

Hello Ladies,
I am trying very very hard to not totally lose it and call and cancel my surgery on tuesday morning. Suddenly all those miserable years of pain seem small compared to the idea of losing all my reproductive parts and having to deal with early menopause. I'm really confused about what is the best way to cope with the symptoms, and am really afraid that if I follow my instinct to just go without any HRT at all that this stupid endo will come back again. I know it is only fear talking, but i sooo want to listen,lol....My husband has been an unsympathetic jerk about the whole thing, and my mom, who I would normally lean on at such a time; is dealing with trying to wean herself off of a 25 year prescription drug habit. (In short, I feel really alone and am scared that I am going to act the same way my mom did when she had her hysterectomy, where she got so crazy that my dad ended up leaving her)I guess maybe I have some abandonment issues going along with the surgery panic too, eh? Wow, it really does help to type all this out, even if no-one replies I feel a little better just getting it out! I feel like the biggest 34 year old baby in the world....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2006, 06:12 PM

DO NOT CANCEL. You can do this. I can't give you any thoughts re hrt but I can tell you to ignore not-so-dear-husband and be supportive of your mom. Yes you're having major surgery but perhaps focusing on what your mom is going through will help take your mind off your panic attack. I've discovered that being supportive to others on here keeps me from just getting downright spastic over my lack of surgery date and the pain, etc. I mean do you want to keep going through this pain? If you're like me, I think not.
I'll send some relaxing thoughts and prayers your way. I have faith in you even if you don't right now and I'm sure others on here are pulling for you as well.
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:20 PM

You will feel sooooooooo much better in a few weeks. I only have one huge fibroid tumor. ( I kept my ovaries.) I am almost 5 weeks post-op. I can already tell how much better I feel. I am so sorry you don't have any support at home. You will find a lot of support online here. I wish I could just give you a big hug. Since I kept my ovaries I didn't have to worry about HRT, but given my family history that is not even an option for me. I will keep you in my prayers! Hang in there..........you will feel soooooooooo much better !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2006, 06:22 PM

Ladylaughalott-

If it is any concellation (hope that is how you spell it), I am 29 and facing surgery on Thursday... I have been wanting to cancel for the past two weeks since it was scheduled.

I read your post and feel like I am in the same boat. I am 29 with three small children, my ex-husband is being a pain in the ***, mom is trying to be miss-know-it-all... and all I want is someone who has been through it to tell me it is normal to be freaking out, it is normal to be having awful dreams about it, and that things will be okay.

I am having surgery for multiple reasons, but one of them being endometreosis. My understanding is that once the ovaries and uterus are removed there is nothing to feed the endo, therefore "curing" it per say. I am ready to do it just to get rid of the endometriosis, but like you want to make sure it is a sure thing. My doctor said the only way to make it a sure thing is to remove the ovaries.

Hope this helps, if you need to vent or talk, I would enjoy the company... Take it easy and everything will be okay!

Marti
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:27 PM

It'll be OK. I have endo, and I've been having the same thoughts...until the next stabbing pain hits. My family on here and blood relatives that have been through this have been giving me great moral support. My one aunt had hers about 25 yrs ago says she would do it all again. Her dr put her on a very low dose HRT at the time and it's still working for her. I'm sure your dh has done like many dh's have done before the surgery(try to separate himself from something he can't fix). Hopefully he'll really pull through and surprise you with all the attention you can handle.

I also go in on the 12th and am praying that everyone on here is right, that the waiting is the hardest part. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send all the positive energy I can your way.

Have faith and take care, I'll look forward to seeing you on the other side.

s, Prayers, and Luck,
Char
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:40 PM

I go in the morning! I'm nerous as a cat. I've been going through a lot of the same kind of issues with lack of support. I am lucky thou because my husband has been a dear. I had thought about canceling too. I know I need to just get it done so I can get on with my life. I'm tired of the female issues keeping me down. Just take a deep breath and all will be fine in the morning. It seems that the fear and panic really kick in when the night comes.
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:46 PM

Trust me, it's worth it !!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:52 PM
pre op tomorrow

I am panicked also but I just want this all over with the waiting is H---. Never been put under for surgery and I am so worried.
My Mom had the surgery and states I will be fine but I am still so nervous. 4 days and counting>>>>>
Unread 12-10-2006, 07:39 PM

All of you ladies who are going before me, and the ones who go behind me , You arent alone we are all here for each other ! my thoughts and prayers and best wishes for a speedy recoveryTo each one !
Elaine
Unread 12-10-2006, 07:46 PM

Hi Ladylaughalott and

We're happy you joined the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense to you at every stage of your journey to good health!

I was not an endo sufferer myself; I had my surgery for different issues. My thoughts are this: Are the sentiments you expressed just typical last-minute jitters, or are they true doubt about your surgical decisions? You said you have suffered for years, and that's a shame. Have you, in partnership with your doctor, explored other options to remedy the pain? If you have, I think you might feel a lot more comfortable with your surgery, and what transpires from it -- whether the results be positive or less than positive -- than if you have ventured onto this path without a lot of previous exploration.

I hope that whatever happens, you experience better health in the years to come.

Many s and Best Wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register