The Countdown is Here! July 30th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Countdown is Here! July 30th The Countdown is Here! July 30th

Unread 07-28-2013, 06:24 AM
The Countdown is Here! July 30th

Wow! So close to the "big day" now. I plan to work a full day tomorrow, 7/29 and then I'm off for 4-6 weeks, per my surgeon. I had some difficulty getting my PCP referral through to my insurance company until Friday afternoon! Talk about stressed! My PCP's assistant and I finally got that straightened out by making ALOT of phone calls to my insurance company, but talk about down to the wire. TAH - 7/30/2013 via c-section cut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Re: The Countdown is Here! July 30th

Hey kitkat3!!!!

Good luck princess in waiting!!!!! Just a couple of days to go now before you earn that Tiara of yours and the title, 'Princess'!!! You will be fine and the first day of your surgery will also be the first day to the newer, happier, healthier, YOU!!!!!!

Hugs galore and see you on the other side!!!!
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:44 AM

Sounds like you are going in to this with a great attitude - which is great!!! I didn't have ins issues but I had an elevated white cell count and had to go to 2 additional docs before the surgeon would proceed... I had to start my bowel prep before I had heard if it would happen... less than 12 hours...

You are going to do great!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2013, 07:56 AM

Good Luck!! I hope the surgery goes smoothly!!

~ Teresa
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM

Good luck! Hope you have a smooth recovery. Don't forget to post and tell us how everything went. Reading everyone's stories is a real help to me! My surgery is coming up in two weeks and I am looking forward to a new and better life!
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:44 PM

Thats what i had done Thursday. wow was i scared. it was a breeze. I hope your surgery goes smooth and you can relax afterwards for awhile.
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM

Thank you all, you're very kind! Wow, I've never held the "Princess" title before, this will be a first for me. I'm not really nervous, I'm just kind of wondering what I'm going to feel like after the surgery, like how much is it going to hurt that very first night, how different will I feel and all those kinds of things. I do realize that if I feel pain it is only going to be temporary. Right now, my abdominal area is so puffed out and I'm so uncomfortable. Any time that I have to bend over it feels like I'm being cut in half or when I'm doing dishes and lean up against the kitchen sink, I can feel soreness from my fibroids. My Dr. said that my uterus is the size of someone 4 months along. I can't imagine not feeling this way anymore after having put up with it for so long now. I do hope that this discomfort goes away and that once I'm completely healed my clothes will feel alot more comfortable. I'm so sick of having to wear elastic waist or waistless.
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM

stil waiting on the tiara myself...lol..... you will feel fine. I promise you. the first night you'lll be in a daze. this is night four for me. I feel okay.
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Good luck! I hope your surgery goes well. Mine is just a couple of days after yours.
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneNic View Post
Good luck! I hope your surgery goes well. Mine is just a couple of days after yours.
Good luck AnneNic!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register