Guess I'm not crazy after all | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Guess I'm not crazy after all Guess I'm not crazy after all

Unread 12-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Guess I'm not crazy after all

We'll after looking for 3 weeks about information for fibroid tumors, treatments, ect; I found out last Wednesday that doing a laproscomy (this is new vocabulary to me); a hysterectomy was really the best option for me. Well, this weekend I started falling apart; tears, feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin I'm so stressed out; barking at my husband if he looks at me wrong. I finally started taking zanax to sleep at night. After reading some of the forums on here, I realized that I was normal. I wasn't the only one that was going to go gung ** this past weekend and get all the housework done. Did get a few floors mopped and my Christmas Tree up. My surgery is scheduled for 12th December at 10 a.m. I've never had female problems. This all started back in May. My period just stopped!!I thought I was pregnant and ran and got a pregnancy test. Of course it was negative; and my family Dr, just chuckled at me. Things sort of went downhill from there. I would have a normal period, skip a couple of months, go again, until Oct 1. Then it started what I thought was my monthly period, except it hasn't stopped. I finally got a referral to an OB-GYN (mine had retired and I hadn't bothered looking for another one). Did and ultra-sound (my first for that too; I pity those pregnant woman who have to have those!!) Anyway, the ultrasound showed that I had a fibroid tumor about 2 cm. Haven't felt bad, they gave me a of depo provera to try and stop the bleeding; it slowed it down, but didn't stop it. So, why go through a bunch of procedures when you can have one and be done with it. I'm having a partial hysterectomy; just the utereus taken out vaginally. I'm glad I found this website. It has really made me feel not so alone.

Janie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2002, 07:38 PM
Guess I'm not crazy after all

Hi Janie,

You are most definitely NOT alone !! We all feel that way from time to time. My surgery isn't til Jan 2 and already I'm panicking. I barely talk to anyone at work, I'm like the white tornado at home trying to get everything in order before the big day. You'd think my surgery was before Christmas the way I've been power shopping. Sometimes it feels like you're playing a perpetual game of beat the clock. For most women, that's pretty much the way it is anyway. Add surgery to the equation and we're out of control. You're the only one who cares if your house is in perfect order. Try taking a hot bubble bath or whatever else you find relaxing. Who cares if everything gets done. Besides, it gives DH a chance to show you what he's made of. Go ahead and cry if you need to. You're entitled. I have full blown emotional meltdowns occasionally. It's healthy, I think. Just don't forget how to laugh.
Anyway, good luck at the castle. Soon you'll be a beautiful

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register