Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina

Unread 12-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina

You too!
It was like a flood - I had to use Poise pads, the adult pads for urinary incontinence and change them every couple of hours. It was worst when I stood up or sat down. I did have the infection Christmas Day. It started Xmas eve at 101, so I called the doc and was told if it went up to go to the ER. It went to 103 at 3:30, down to 102 at 4:30 after I took some Motrin, and was 101.5 when we left for the Hospital at 6:30AM. Whatever you do, avoid hospitals on weekends and at the holidays or plan to be very assertive, cuz they understaff and things just don't get done well. I wouldn't have gotten out yesterday, if I hadn't demanded a blood test to check the white blood count.
BTW, my doc only knew about the lymph fluid from a prior patient, not any literature, and he admits it's only his guess based on weight, smell, location and color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina

Interesting. That is why my doctor seems so cagey, he doesn't want to look stupid. I guess in the future when this comes up for him I'll be his prior patient. I hear you about the hospital on weekends. A few weeks ago I wound up in the emergency room because my bladder wasn't working well on its own and my kidneys swelled up. I had over a liter in my bladder (a bladder leak would've been advantageous at that point). It took them almost three hours to scan me and come to that conclusion and finally to recath me. I was there from 7pm to 5am. The nurse couldn't figure out how to get needles in me w/o hurting me and even though she said she was good at putting in a catheter, she was most certainly not. At 2am I was standing up about ready to be sent home and I leaked a bloody puddle out of my vagina...then they did a urogram, then they sent me home under protest because - hello - stuff is coming out of my vagina and that can't be right. But it wasn't life-threatening enough, so they suggested I follow up with my unattainable doctor on Monday, two days later. I hate hospitals! I'm not normally this bitter, I'm actually pretty fluffy. Well, I wish us both such vital good health in the future that we needn't see another hospital from the inside again. It is a great relief to hear that someone else flooded Poise pads and then abruptly stopped leaking. I'm considering myself healed as far as that goes, until it is proved otherwise. What a stresful time this is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register