Scheduled LAVH Mother-in-law - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mother-in-law Mother-in-law

Unread 06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Re: Mother-in-law

Oh boy. Mothers-in-law. Be careful and really think about what it will be like if she comes to "help" you. If you are stressed out while she's there you will not heal properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM

I am 9 weeks post op and had a TAH. I went back to work part time after 4 weeks. It mostly depends on the kind of work you do and if you can go back part time. I was not up to visiting with clients until about week 5 and I was very tired when I came home. Sitting up a long time in front of computer or in a car seemed to really cause my stomach to ache and be uncomfortable. I do wish I could have had some more help. I was alone starting with week 2. I slept a lot and did not need someone there all the time, but I can tell you, I did not feel like cooking or cleaning, or doing laundry. If your mother in law can help you out for a couple of hours each day, I think you would appreciate it. If she has to live with you that whole time, that might be pretty stressful. If if were me, I would talk to my hubby, see what he is prepared to do to help and then work out some sort of compromise. Now is not the time to alleniate any family members. My mother in law did not even come to see me and my own mother has passed. It would have been nice to help. If my son's girlfriend ever had to have this, I would want to help out in all the ways I missed out on. She may just be feeling like she needs to mother you. Give her the consideration of the benefit of the doubt.
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM

corlaprof has a lot of good ideas.
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM

I'm guessing your mother-in-law had her surgery a few (maybe quite a few) years ago and maybe our doctors know a little bit more about what recovery should be like now. If you were able to get that much time off work approved use it to your advantage for the best recovery you can have. And she is just jealous anyway! She wanted a longer recovery and now she just wants attention!
Unread 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Thansk for all your advise ladies. I will have hubby talk to his mom, I just can imagine stress from her and I just don't wanna have to deal with that (I know how she is). Hubby will take the first week off to take care of me so I think that should be more than enough. Ladies, your all rock!!! Thanks again! xxxx
Unread 06-09-2010, 02:32 PM

First off .. Good Luck...

I am trying to get things planned out for my surg next week..

I dont have a mother in law (she passed before i was ever in the pic)..

DH got Wed-Fri off next week and Mom and dad are coming down.. (about and hour away).. not sure how long or which days they are coming... But she is bringing a few things for me.. and i got her to get the Swelly belly and some Grannies..lol.. so help like that is great.. I am planning on being in bed for about the first week... My thought.. great if MIL (or kids in my case )can help out.. but make sure the bedroom or recovery area.. is off limits to them.. Hopefully by Monday i will be able to do a few things.. ie drinks and snacks while DH is at work.. getting nervous.. but know that i will be fine.

This is only 2 nights in the hospital.. i spent 3 weeks in (1 inpt and 2 in rehab) when i had my Lower back fused (L3-S1)...for that surgery they put stuff IN my body (2 rods and 6 screws) this they are taking out a LOT more) i can do it. Positive thinking and keeping positive people around

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register