Hair Poking Out Of My Inciscion??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hair Poking Out Of My Inciscion??? Hair Poking Out Of My Inciscion???

Unread 02-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Hair Poking Out Of My Inciscion???

I just noticed something today...where one of the steri-strips has peeled back a bit from my inciscion, that there are at least two or three pubic hairs that are actually INSIDE the inciscion!
Is this cause for concern as a rout of possible infection? Should I try to pull them out? Owie!!!! Is this something common or should I ask the DR about it?

Far as I can tell, they didn't even shave me. I don't shave myself (except in the summer, when I know I'm going swimming in public) and they didn't ask me to, but seeing this, now I wished I had.
Or will they work themselves out over time???
Sure looks strange. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 11:40 PM

Hi jlovessam,
That's interesting but I am sure it has happened to others. I think if you are concerned you should ask your dr. about it. I was going to say that if you run your finger over it does it hurt but that wouldn't work because at this point if you ran your finger over it it would hurt even if it isn't a problem because I am sure it still hurts in that area anyway. Is the incision redder in that area than the other areas? These are things to check but basicly the only way to know for sure is to show it to your dr.
Take care,
Debbie
Unread 02-08-2006, 12:04 AM

I had a hair come through a laproscopy incision and it irritated the area until I tweezed it out. Once out I got immediate relief. I mentioned it to my surgeon at my post-op appt and she wasnt concerned.
If youre sure its a hair and not a piece of suture there shouldnt be any danger in tweezing. This isnt medical advice, just based on my personal experience.
You can call your Dr and get advice as to what to do if youre concerned.

stay well
diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info!
It is hair...I had staples and those are already all gone.
Nothing looks irritated near the hairs, but I think I'll call about it tomorrow just to make sure it's ok. I'm too chicken to pull it out myself.

J.
Unread 02-08-2006, 06:51 PM

I have a bunch of hairs that grew out of my incision. Some of them irritated my incision (it got a little ***** yellow thing near the hair) but all in all, everything worked out fine. It's weird to see that, isn't it? What was even creepier for me was having hair growing in a spot that hadn't closed properly. When it finally did close, a bunch of hairs got trapped in there!! I was concerned but my doc apparently wasn't!

It's always a good idea to call the doctor's office, no question is a silly one. Good luck!!
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:11 PM

Ok, I called today.
The nurse said it's normal to see that because some of the skin at the edges of the inciscion had pubic hair follicles on it and when it was stapled, it kind of 'rolls up' inside a little sometimes, but isn't cause for concern unless it looks like it's becoming infected, which it's not, so far.
I asked when I would be able to drive and they said not till after my six week appointment! ARRRG! I wanna get out of the house already! It's boring here! LOL!

J.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register